Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Painting Callipers Red...

qtcbd

hey guys/girls, was just wondering if anyone know where the best place to go to get my callipers painted red?? i don't want to do it myself regardelss of friends saying to do so... lol also where can I get the car debadged and also where can i get some new ford badges fitted, I'd like black with red writing or black with white writing... any help would be much appreciated :) thanks!

post-35729-0-19346000-1343856456_thumb.j

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• qtcbd

• SteveandMichelleFocus

• gc88

• Stoney871

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow, very nice car. Wouldnt have a clue about calipers painted red anywhere but id imagine a garage may do it for price. I done my own

post-26411-0-76501200-1343863484_thumb.j

And in regards to the ford badge colour change you can buy gel overlays. Loads of the lads on here have them so one of them will be able to provide a link. Ill be getting them in time to come.

P.s Welcome to the site, Pretty new myself but its great and everyone helps you out. :D

awwwh hey, thanks for the reply :) didnt know about the gel overlays ill look into it! and yeah I dont trust my handywork at painting so will take it to someone who might be able to help, I just didn't know if garages did it! lol but thanks for the help hun :D

Welcome to the site.

Follow this link for overlays.

http://www.dmb.uk.com/

Easiest way to do the brake calipers is to cheat and buy caliper covers like some on this site have.

This sort of thing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-FORD-FOCUS-MUSTANG-FUSION-SHELBY-Brake-Caliper-Cover-/280651339722?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41581f97ca

hey thanks for the links, have just bought some black with red ford badges and will take a look at the calliper covers now :)

Welcome :)

Get some more pictures of your Zetec S up (a few of us have them), some awesome ideas on here and some fantastic mods done on some of the cars!

When I get the 18" sport pack wheels (like yours?) I intend to get some of the Brembo Caliper Covers in red, alongside some gel centre cap overlays (black with red Ford detail).

argggh i wish i had a 3 door !

Havent done it myself yet but from the looks of it, all you require for the debadging/gel work is a hairdryer!

mine are the upgraded 18" ST alloys, had them powder coated black, few kerb marks on them now nothing major someones recommended a friend who can touch them up so I'm not too worried, yeah I have just bought the black with red ford writing gel overlays, so when they arrive I will put them on and post some pics for you :) still looking into getting someone to paint the callipers though... and as for debadging, if I take them off can I put them back on if I ever wanted to sell (not that I'm thinking that far ahead)

Nice! Do you want to swap wheels??

What do you think about an ST grill and black roof...? (Not to be spending your money already :D)

Here's a link for badge removal

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/13299-debadging/page__hl__debadging

Not sure about putting them back on... you could just attach them to a chain for people to wear round their neck like with VW badges.

Is it a diesel? If so, get rid of the TDCI badge anyway :P see how you feel from there!

hey, I was considering wrapping the roof in black and getting a black spoiler too, no it's not a deisel lol will take a look at debadging but from what I've seen its easy with a hairdryer (seems to be used for more than just helping me look pretty lol) and some goo off, just not 100% sure I have the confidence to do it or watch anybody else attempt to do it! hehe

Do the roof definitely :D

haha just as well, having 'TDCI' would never be a good look!

Unfortunately I got 'ECOnetic' glued to the back of mine even though its petrol -

Its so lame! :'(

What engine have you got? 2.0 litre? ;)

As long as you avoid a hammer and chisel I dont think you can go too wrong! Im not volunteering to attempt to do mine first either by the way....haha

lol no I only got a 1.8 :( but it goes some ;) lol I had an astra vxr before.. yes yes I know I know *shakes head* lol but..... I definitely prefer the focus, it handles so much better and everything just seems so much more responsive, I never particularly wanted a focus before but then my friend had an rs I drove it and it was amazing... clearly in a different league to mine but still, now I have mine I love it :) I'm only really interested in just doing little mods to it just to make it "my own" as it were, am I right in saying that.... as long as a mod doesnt change the performance of the car it doesnt have to be told to the insurance? how are the ECOnetic engines anyway? I'm guessing they're stop start? when looking for my focus it was between my car now and an audi a3, the road tax was £30 for the year! on a 2 litre just because it was stop start etc.... crazy I pay 240 for mine a year now :( lol oh and.... I think I'm going to leave the debadging to the pro's when I get the alloys touched up lol

lol 'only got a 1.8'....! Im sure its plenty!

Ive had a 1.8 before... *cough* diesel *cough* :unsure:

haha well, the main thing is you survived owning an astra vxr! Heard they're a bit of a handful. 'Clenched' was commonly used to describe driving it....

Meh, yours might not be quite the same as an RS but you've got less expensive things to scratch and get dinged ;)

That sounds about right with the little mods, some people declare certain things anyway though just to be sure as some companies get a bit arsey with it!

My ecoboost engine is ok, wouldnt exactly describe it 'eco'! same road tax as my last fiesta though at ~£130 :) yeah i do have stop/start, didnt realise how often/much time you can spend with the engine off in traffic. cant tell how much petrol you can save though!

Having bits of glue and gunk left from debadging would make it your own though...? haha

I'm actually really surprised about the ecoboost - stop start etc not lowering your tax, I just assumed if your motor was aco friendly you'd qualify for cheaper road tax.... meh *shrugs*

as for "bits of glue and gunk" I am not planning on keeping the residue haha just having a flush looking car would be more appealing to my already particular taste.... I am once again surprised as I had to explain this to you... you seemed much more intelligent at the start of our convo ;) haha

when they arrive I will put them on and post some pics for you :)

Thankyou very much :)

lol 'intelligent'!....nooooo. Shame that impression couldnt even last a day though haha <_<

Im just trying to be encouraging with your hairdryer! although im intrigued by your 'already particular taste' that you've mentioned now....does this mean pink neons and 'Reem' bumper stickers are on the list of things to do too...? ;)

gel overlays just arrived.... but due to having the house rendered and builder's making dust etc everywhere I'm gonna have to wait to put them on untill later when they leave :( excited though! hope I do it properly! lol

PMSL... you sarky so and so.... I am equally as Intrigued as to know how you know what "reem" means to be honest ;) and no.... there will be no bumper stickers or pink on any of my car thank you... *folds arms* >:-( lol I really want to go and do the badge over lays now... stupid builders... also!..... they had the cheek to wake me up at 8 this morning to see if I could move the car because they didn't want to get it dusty haha one of the others was like don't worry about the other ones (meaning my mums and my neighbours cars) just don't wanna get that one dirty, that did make me smile regardless of not being overly impressed by a drilling noise acting as an alarm on my day off... grrrrrr

Hey qtcbd,

You have a great looking car :) with painting the callipers if you have someone that can help you get the alloys off you will be able to paint them yourself... I would've been able to do it but I have a boyfriend that's a perfectionist so I' wasn't allowed near the paint! We just brought the primer, paint and brush from Halfords for about £15 so it's cheap to do and just get some maskin tape to keep it neat :)

Michelle

Do the Brembo covers just silicone on? does that make it a pain in the !Removed! to change the pads etc in the future?

And I take it you can't paint the screws and stuff? What else can't you paint?

What do people prefer? Paint and brush or cans?x

awh cool hey michelle thanks for that, tbh I mmight just do the easier option and take lenny's advice to buy the calliper covers lol and yeah I'm happy with the car yours is looking pretty nice too! you thought about having the alloys sprayed?

Cheryl

good question gc... I'm sure someone will come along soon to enlighten us! lol

Always good questions from me...always.

And trust me, de badging is easy.

I used a hair dryer - not mine, I promise - and a old credit card, heat it and jabbed it very gently with the credit card. 5 minutes later they were off.

People will probably say not to use a card but I have no scratches there and going strong 3 years on..

Oh, and welcome to the community, babes!

lol I trust you on the whole debadging being easy... however the hair dryer not being yours?? meh debatable haha thanks for the welcome tbh I didn't know how everyone would be with a girl joining but you've all been really nice! :D