AJ_sXe

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I have now upgraded my interior light to the one with map lights and wired the submarine lights to come on with the dash illumination.

Posted Image

Just need to order some brighter LED bulbs now.
Also a big thank you to Hell_Bunny_sXe for sending me his spare light unit!

No problemo! Glad someone got use of it as I didn't need it or the panel it came in just the B/T mic

I am utterly drooling over your strip courtesy lighting but doing the wiring scare the beejeebus out of me! :blink:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 tunne1rat

tunne1rat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

hey there, do you happen to have a wiring diagram of how the footwell lights are installed?
looking to add this amazing el wire you have enlightened me on, would like them to come on with the footwell lights

As my car does not have factory fitted footwell lights (or wiring), this guide was designed to add all of my lighting requirements to the existing roof courtesy light circuit. If you do have factory fitted footwell lights, then you can simply tap into these for your extension lighting.
Simply get an EL inverter capable of powering your required length of EL wire and tap it into your existing footwell light circuit.

#18 tunne1rat

tunne1rat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Contributor

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

I am utterly drooling over your strip courtesy lighting but doing the wiring scare the beejeebus out of me! :blink:

Attaching wires to the EL wire is quite tricky so most EL wire suppliers can make up the lengths for you.
If you need any help or advice drop me a pm.

#19 M4RC

M4RC

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI MK7
Contributor

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

I also have no footwell lights in my zetec s :(. Think I'm gonna wire some in at the weekend. Not sure if I should make them colour changing or not. I know the colour changing led strips don't have memory function (if the power is cut off) and I want them to come on/off with the courtesy light but if I do that the LEDs will just go on straight to the default mode eg. Flash different colours and whatnot.

And ideas to help would be great :)

#20 M4RC

M4RC

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
Contributor

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Also I was considering taking it to an on/off switch just I case the need to be isolated. I was gonna put the in thE spare slot under the radio ( the secret compartment bit)

#21 tunne1rat

tunne1rat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

I also have no footwell lights in my zetec s :(. Think I'm gonna wire some in at the weekend. Not sure if I should make them colour changing or not. I know the colour changing led strips don't have memory function (if the power is cut off) and I want them to come on/off with the courtesy light but if I do that the LEDs will just go on straight to the default mode eg. Flash different colours and whatnot.

And ideas to help would be great :)

My colour changing LEDs have a memory function and always come on to the last selected colour.

They also have preset memory banks so that custom colours can be made and stored.

#22 M4RC

M4RC

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

My colour changing LEDs have a memory function and always come on to the last selected colour.
They also have preset memory banks so that custom colours can be made and stored.

Aww ok. I've got them in now anyway, just went for blue. Do you have a link to ones with memory function?

#23 tunne1rat

tunne1rat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

I bought them over a year ago so the original link is now dead.

The remote and LED controller look identical to this: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec91e4a8b

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users