Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Saved Up!

johnH

right a little update, i got a text at 0700 saying the parcel is on the van (with courier) so i thought get in, the depot is only 2 mile away they will be here in no time....well no....

i stay in the house till 1300, which is when i left for work. i left my sister to listen out for DHL. She left an hour later 1400 for work. i get a text at 1620 saying they attempted delivery!!!! wtf....it takes them that long to drive 2 miles, now i know they have other deliveries but surely they would start in and move out to the furthest then boot it back to depot and home.

well it looks like im getting it tomoz...fingers crossed.

but yeah theres not many fords at work, to get started on them :lol:

right, got my laptop (using it now) and i got the device...ended up collecting instead of playing games waiting again lol so now im getting it all setup and will post up pics/vids soon.

right, got my laptop (using it now) and i got the device...ended up collecting instead of playing games waiting again lol so now im getting it all setup and will post up pics/vids soon.

I, for one, am excited for you!

hehe its the smell of new tech in the house....sorry im a massive IT geek, well was, now im slowly turning into a bus driver (no cursery words needed lol) but i got the software installed on a vmware - just updating it now. once i get it all sorted and time, let the playing begin...

good man, I do love VM, delete and start again! :D

well i had a massive few hours of fiddling with IDS... and i broke my car (just messing with you)

yeah i did a full diagnosis on the car and it passed on everything...i even found options to reprogram modules such as cruise, auto lights, locks etc etc.

very simple user interface, americans for you.

but all in all on both my focus and my sisters fiesta, a good bit of kit and worth the money.

here is the link to purchase: http://www.obd2tool.com/goods-156-Ford+VCM+IDS+for+Ford++Mazda+Jaguar+and+Landrover.html

if i get enough interest i may even approach the seller and see about forum discount

well i got it all up and running on version 78. (03.2012)

so heres a few videos to show what it can do: (bbareman vids)

demonstration:

DPF:

Thats pretty extensive, seems a worthwhile investment, and certainly better if you can get a few quid back for your investment! It does do a lot, and most of that would cost you 60 - 80 quid a shot! shame you cant do your own diagnosis and take a report into your local dealer, and when they offer you a diagnostics fee, wave the diagnostics report in front of their face :P

Well your now the Ford Dr arnt you. Ought get running some tests on your local boys fords.

Like i said before, worth the money, especially in the long run.

it says you download the software from them , how often is it updated and how many updates are you allowed to download from them?

You've been lucky with your purchase i can tell you.....i'm on my third return unit at the moment :( To get one that actually works 100% is a pure lottery......believe me. Half the sellers don't even know what it is the VCM is supposed to do and then claim to offer 'support' ....

Have a read on garage forum uk about 'poor quality clone VCM's and it'll open your eyes.

Some of them are actually dangerous in the sense that they can render modules useless...........

Just be careful thats all.....

they send a disc with version 75 on that doesnt require a key, but the later versions (currently 80) need licences but the russians are good at bypassing this licence requirement.

so aslong there is patches then it should be all good.

ive already let the heavies at work know i have the device and say they will spread the word ;p

hey richie, does sound abit of an issue. ive tried getting on garageforum uk lately and it keeps returning a page saying down for maintenance???

ive not done much with it just yet, just scanned a few codes on my sisters fiesta and cleared them...but have tried other options such as full diagnosis of the electrical system and that...all good atm.

well i just doubled checked with the seller and they say their device is fully compatable with version 79...v80 hasnt been patched just yet so they are not sure its capable but will update me apparently if it is.

• 2 weeks later...

well today i have finally had a good go with the software, weather being nice and all. Since i hooked it in i went to program modules and found reprogram PCM so i had a ganders and it told me the PCM has an update available. so after updating i must say the car is alot smoother and the engine is giving more MPG....i want to know what was in the this updates and the others before that this update would affect the car.

my next task is to check the fiesta for updates....well chuffed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club