Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav / Dvd Stereos

gc88

Hey,

Does anyone have a DVD screen type stereo? if so, what make model etc.

Are they worth it? Pricey?

And yes I know I can't watch DVDs whilst driving...!

to be honest dvds are going out now its smartphone Halfords has a pioneer touchscreen it says use compatible apps via youre smartphone with direct iPhone android connection

built in parrot bluetooth hands free

full uk and ireland sat nav by connecting the nav free smartphone app on youre phone. was 599 now 299 it also does youre photos etc so will do vids from youre phone and its double din.

are they worth it they appear to be my sis had one and never actualy used the dvd part but it was off eBay a chinese one at 170 quid had sd card slot usb slot i pod connection etc she loved it replaced the individual sat nav i pod etc as she used the sd card for music

There is also an iPhone powered unit too, not the right shape for ford so would need an adapter facia. But is iTunes compatible and supports all iPhone/iPod apps etc..

Will try and find a link in a bit

that is !Removed! tempting preee...... I want one :D

Yes it is , if mine ever dies that's the one i would get , i would be able to have G+ on when i was driving haha

There is also an iPhone powered unit too, not the right shape for ford so would need an adapter facia. But is iTunes compatible and supports all iPhone/iPod apps etc..

Will try and find a link in a bit

It would be a hacked ios version at a guess , at least with the Android version you know you were getting a stable system.

I do indeed have one. Had it for over a year now and it's a Sony like this one but mine does have a few more things on the spec sheet.. http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_774659_langId_-1_categoryId_237503

Are they worth it? Yes and no. Mine was a pricey £500 reduced from £650 when it came out. I bought it thinking I'd use the whole range of things it could do but to be completely honest I rarely ever use the DVD player, 30% I'd use my iPod and the rest I'll just listen to radio 1 or bung in a cd (as I only travel short distances so I can't be bothered messing about with it!)

My friends do love it though and will just sit and mess around with it if we're out :)

Have to say I am kind of gutted now I paid £500 over a year ago to see it drop to around £200, but hey ho!

no offence but aldi do a bluetooth cd mp3 player with usb micro sd card slot i pod connection at the front higher spec than above just no screen n dvd for 49.99 shows how much extra you pay for features you never use? and how much more you get if you take the dvd part away and they are good systems with 3yr warranty even Halfords double din systems at around 100quid dont have as many features

but its cooooooooooooooool just to say u have a dvd player in your car!! lol :P if you don't use it or really care then fair enough but personally I drive quite alot and am in the car a bit so I wouldnt mind having something to faf about with, I like all the little gadgets and stuff like that :) plus.... wouldn't I need a screen if I was to get those cameras??

each to there own as i said dvd are old school if you want cool you have touchscreen fully integrated systems since you can have reversing cameras with a screen in built to the rear view mirror it in my opinion it seems pointless spending money on out of date systems. as dvds are dying as are cds. downloadable content storing music on sd cards ipod connectionand full android phone integration systems are the new way that system is impressive a dvd is so what , its ancient whats the big deal.

i give honest opinions and im being honest if i was spending the money ide want up to date tech

The difference with the Android Player is that , your basically getting a PC in your car , so you can surf the internet or have internet radio , Satnav DVD, Mpeg, MP3 , bluetooth, and all the Apps you want right at your fingers tips.

Many of them that have iPhone connections are just that a connection , if you can store 16gb or 32gb of music on an SD card why would you want to carry an MP3 player with you.

My stereo just as it is all i use is a Memory stick , If i had an Ipoo i still would not plug it in , as there is no need to carry it. Of course some of the ford stereos don't have the Usb.

But the Players on eBay are great if you like gadgets , but don't expect high quality sounds from them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club