Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Size & Suggestions (18" Sport Pack Alloys)

.Ryan

For those who have the 18" sport pack (look similar to ST) alloys on the Mk2.5, please could you tell me what size tyres are on them.

Pricey !Removed!

Was hoping someone wasn't going to say that :( how much would you say I'm looing at for part-worn?

No idea.

I use about 130 a corner, go through a front set every 10k and a rear set every 25k.

There are cheaper tyres but I'm used to thesr and use them!

Nevrr used part worns tho.

We just had to get these tyres... Was lookings at £400 from the main garages but eBay have them for around £225 new. We was lucky.. New someone in the business and got them for £190...bargain!

Ryan pay the extra don't get cheap stuff like me you will regret it in the wet.

We just had to get these tyres... Was lookings at £400 from the main garages but eBay have them for around £225 new. We was lucky.. New someone in the business and got them for £190...bargain!

Is that per corner, or for all 4?

I need new tyres soon (different size than these) and want to check all options before I buy.

Could you provide an eBay link? (they may do multiple sizes)

Cheers :-)

Is that per corner, or for all 4?

I need new tyres soon (different size than these) and want to check all options before I buy.

Could you provide an eBay link? (they may do multiple sizes)

Cheers :-)

Hi, the eBay seller is sorted-Richard he was selling the st alloys with the tyres so asked how much just for the tyres and they where £225 inc delivery for all 4. By the looks of it he sells more.. If you can't find him I will send a link over

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking at Black Circles that will do me 4 x Falken 225/40 R18 W (92), fully fitted for £352 (or £384 if I go for the pay monthly option which is very tempting).

Just been out to check the tread depth on the 3 tyres I have with the sports pack wheels, all are above 3-4 mm so I think I'm fine for now in that respect. Will order a new one for the 4th wheel and take it from there I think :)

i have conti sport 3 on ours atm, both 2 fronts need replacing got like just over 2mm.... not going down like 150p/c mayb a set of kumho's or avons like 80ish each fitted, due to im having all laserwheel allignment done at the same time.....

i have conti sport 3 on ours atm, both 2 fronts need replacing got like just over 2mm.... not going down like 150p/c mayb a set of kumho's or avons like 80ish each fitted, due to im having all laserwheel allignment done at the same time.....

Any Uk wide garages do the laser alignment? I need mine doing once I put the new wheels on.

Is that the same as the tracking and balancing? So many wheel related terms coming out here!

National Tyres have an outlet on eBay, where you can buy new tyres (fully fitted and balanced etc) cheaper than buying from their website or by going into branch.

Go to eBay, search for National Tyres, and go to their 'store'. Then you can search by size and brand etc just as you would from any normal tyre website.

When I tried it a set of 4 bugget tyres was £40 cheaper than going direct to their own website.

No idea why this would be, but I'm not complaining.

They may not do the 18" tyres that you want, but I just thought I'd mention it.

* I do not work for National Tyres or eBay

Sorry to steal this thread but what's the best pressure to inflate these 18" sports pack tyres to, I always do 30 psi is that any good.:)

Used Blackcircles and ordered a Falken 225/40 R18 W (92), fully fitted at a local wheel shop for £88, getting fitted at the end of next week :)

• 2 weeks later...

National Tyres have an outlet on eBay, where you can buy new tyres (fully fitted and balanced etc) cheaper than buying from their website or by going into branch.

Go to eBay, search for National Tyres, and go to their 'store'. Then you can search by size and brand etc just as you would from any normal tyre website.

When I tried it a set of 4 budget tyres was £40 cheaper than going direct to their own website.

No idea why this would be, but I'm not complaining.

They may not do the 18" tyres that you want, but I just thought I'd mention it.

* I do not work for National Tyres or eBay

So I finally got around to viewing the forum on an actual PC (I normally use my phone), and have checked prices for 18" tyres using National Tyres own website versus their eBay outlet.

The opening post quoted a tyre size of 225/40/R18, so this is what I've searched for.

I have chosen a typical mid-quality tyre from a brand we probably all know and trust - Dunlop SP01.

No idea if this is a good tyre or not, but I wanted to use a recognised brand to avoid any possible issues with "would you actually trust that tyre in the wet" or arguments about comparing brands you've never heard of etc.

Other brands are available, and I am not suggesting which brand you use - this is just an example used for a price comparison.

In both examples, the price is for a set of brand new 4 tyres, fully fitted. This includes VAT, fitting, balancing, new valves, and disposal of the old tyres in accordance with legal requirements. If you buy through the eBay store you can get the tyres done at any branch.

Price on National Tyres own website : £ 642.70

(see here : http://www.national....ting==)

Scroll down a bit until you find the Dunlop SP01, and then when you find the right tyre select "Qty=4"

Price on national tyres eBay Outlet : £ 486.00

(see here : http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cc9d36e5e)

Saving = £ 156.70 or 24.4%

To quote from the eBay page : "Price shown - £486.00 (for 4 tyres) - includes fitting, valves, computerised balancing and environmental disposal of your old tyres."

If you want to go straight to National's ebay outlet to look for different sizes or brand, here's the direct link

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/nationaltyres

-----------------------

Disclaimers:

* This is just an example picked at random, based on the tyre size mentioned in the opening post.

Different brands/sizes may have different savings - or may even have no saving at all.

* Once again, I do not work for National Tyres or eBay.

I've used National Tyres in the past because there's a branch two streets away from me, and convenience can count for a lot. After shopping around I found the prices to be reasonably fair, and they seemed to do a good job when I used them (three times) in the past (aside from the usual "Your brakes are worn, would you like a quote" when in fact they're perfectly fine...)