Photo

Tyre Size & Suggestions (18" Sport Pack Alloys)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Pitmonster

Pitmonster

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec (Climate)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

National Tyres have an outlet on eBay, where you can buy new tyres (fully fitted and balanced etc) cheaper than buying from their website or by going into branch.

Go to eBay, search for National Tyres, and go to their 'store'. Then you can search by size and brand etc just as you would from any normal tyre website.

When I tried it a set of 4 bugget tyres was 40 cheaper than going direct to their own website.
No idea why this would be, but I'm not complaining.
They may not do the 18" tyres that you want, but I just thought I'd mention it.

* I do not work for National Tyres or eBay

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 .Ryan

.Ryan

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  • Name: Rhino
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec S 115
  • Year: 2014

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Thanks Dave mate.

#18 Leemaxd

Leemaxd

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus zetec s

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Sorry to steal this thread but what's the best pressure to inflate these 18" sports pack tyres to, I always do 30 psi is that any good.:)

#19 .Ryan

.Ryan

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Thought it would be more than 30 PSI.

#20 .Ryan

.Ryan

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

Used Blackcircles and ordered a Falken 225/40 R18 W (92), fully fitted at a local wheel shop for £88, getting fitted at the end of next week :)

#21 Pitmonster

Pitmonster

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec (Climate)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

National Tyres have an outlet on eBay, where you can buy new tyres (fully fitted and balanced etc) cheaper than buying from their website or by going into branch.

Go to eBay, search for National Tyres, and go to their 'store'. Then you can search by size and brand etc just as you would from any normal tyre website.

When I tried it a set of 4 budget tyres was 40 cheaper than going direct to their own website.
No idea why this would be, but I'm not complaining.
They may not do the 18" tyres that you want, but I just thought I'd mention it.

* I do not work for National Tyres or eBay

So I finally got around to viewing the forum on an actual PC (I normally use my phone), and have checked prices for 18" tyres using National Tyres own website versus their ebay outlet.

The opening post quoted a tyre size of 225/40/R18, so this is what I've searched for.

I have chosen a typical mid-quality tyre from a brand we probably all know and trust - Dunlop SP01.
No idea if this is a good tyre or not, but I wanted to use a recognised brand to avoid any possible issues with "would you actually trust that tyre in the wet" or arguments about comparing brands you've never heard of etc.
Other brands are available, and I am not suggesting which brand you use - this is just an example used for a price comparison.

In both examples, the price is for a set of brand new 4 tyres, fully fitted. This includes VAT, fitting, balancing, new valves, and disposal of the old tyres in accordance with legal requirements. If you buy through the eBay store you can get the tyres done at any branch.

Price on National Tyres own website : 642.70
(see here : http://www.national....ting==)
Scroll down a bit until you find the Dunlop SP01, and then when you find the right tyre select "Qty=4"

Price on national tyres eBay Outlet : 486.00
(see here : http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cc9d36e5e)

Saving = 156.70 or 24.4%

To quote from the eBay page : "Price shown - 486.00 (for 4 tyres) - includes fitting, valves, computerised balancing and environmental disposal of your old tyres."

If you want to go straight to National's ebay outlet to look for different sizes or brand, here's the direct link
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/nationaltyres

-----------------------

Disclaimers:

* This is just an example picked at random, based on the tyre size mentioned in the opening post.
Different brands/sizes may have different savings - or may even have no saving at all.

* Once again, I do not work for National Tyres or eBay.
I've used National Tyres in the past because there's a branch two streets away from me, and convenience can count for a lot. After shopping around I found the prices to be reasonably fair, and they seemed to do a good job when I used them (three times) in the past (aside from the usual "Your brakes are worn, would you like a quote" when in fact they're perfectly fine...)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users