Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Check Spark Plugs/ignition Leads

sporty1

hi i am on a low budget can anyone help, i had a timing belt done on my fusion it ticks over at 800revs sounds perfect picks up speed etc, however occasionaly when driving along when i exelerate it seems to be a little..sluggish or not as responsive immedietly, could this be plugs (i have took them out and looked at them but they seem ok, how do you check the leads and plugs etc to see if there is any problems with them ... without it being costly buying each item going through elimination ?

Its more noticable in a morning it gives the impression it is running on to much fuel and you have to feather the pedal to get the revs up, do fusions have common faults

thanks

would you say it feels hesitant? could be plugs leads or possibly the coil pack.

would you say it feels hesitant? could be plugs leads or possibly the coil pack.

yes feels hesitant took plugs out and they look a bit sooty ?

yes feels hesitant took plugs out and they look a bit sooty ?

Possible misfire then it sounds like to me. I would look at replacing the plugs and leads first and go from there

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club