• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Disco73

Disco73

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: Focuc 1.8 Style TDCI
Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

I recently purchased a 57 plate Focus 1.8 TDCI 17k. When driving at 60mph+ the steering wheel wobbles left hand side and there's a slight vibration. I've not hit any kerbs etc. Could it be the wheel balance/tracking?

I would appreciate any ideas on what this could be before I return to the garage.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 bosnjo

bosnjo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2.0 TdCI Titanium
Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:58 PM

I recently purchased a 57 plate Focus 1.8 TDCI 17k. When driving at 60mph+ the steering wheel wobbles left hand side and there's a slight vibration. I've not hit any kerbs etc. Could it be the wheel balance/tracking?

I would appreciate any ideas on what this could be before I return to the garage.

I would say 99% that your problem is with tyres or even rims. So, first step would be to balance all 4 wheels. If the problem is still there, swap wheels front/back. I mean, put back wheels on the front and front on the back. If problem is gone, you have the answer.
Just one more thing. Don't do balance and swapping at the same time because that way you wouldn't know if one of your wheels is damaged and which one.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users