Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Convers+ reboot

keiron

I purchased a Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 Diesel last October and has 4,000 on the clock. On two occasions, whilst driving, I have lost some of the functionailty on the Convers+ computer. The radio, phone display disappears leaving only the trip computer and settings functionality.

To regain full functionailty, I have to stop the car, turn off the engine and lock the car to and then unlock to reboot the system.

This has only happened twice so will be difficult to replicate for the dealer. I did take a photo of the display and hopefully will get this sorted out under warranty.

Does anyone know if the computer can be rebooted on the move?

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

First time since taking ownwership of car last August. (1.8 TDCI Titanium X Estate having covered 11500 miles)

Any comments/ideas much appreciated.

ford know about this problem, with the titanium certain mobile phone models causes drop out of the display. get back to the dealers and get them to sort it under warrenty. also try ford customer service on 0845 841 1111 and see what they say about your problem.

ford know about this problem, with the titanium certain mobile phone models causes drop out of the display. get back to the dealers and get them to sort it under warrenty. also try ford customer service on 0845 841 1111 and see what they say about your problem.

Many thanks for info and advice.

Will monitor situation and see how it goes.

I have just had a lengthy case regarding another problem with the vehicle resolved by Customer Relations so I think I better hang fire a while before I kick off another one.

If there is a fault with something on your vehicle, it doesnt matter how long it is since you had something else sorted get it in now. If you live with it a year they might say "Why did you not bring it in before. Leaving it has caused X<amount> of damage. Sorry its not covered under your warranty." Get it sorted now before they worm their way out of sorting it.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to this issue, I took the car to my local Ford dealers who stated that they have received a new patch for the Convers system. The patch apparently relates mainly to one of the radio systems Fords use and wasn't directly connected to any mobile phone issue.

Anyway, the upgrade has been completed and will wait to see if this has cured the issue.

• 2 years later...

hi dudes....

this is the subject that i'm looking for!!!!

i bought my mondeo three months ago and it came with the convers unit which is rare in a zetec spec car...the unit displayed setting and trip computer only.

but!! strangely i stalled the car last week , on restart the dials on the clock did illuminate , so i turned the engine off...restarted and now i have voice control(which never worked) controll over my stereo the fecking lot....so my problem is in reverse..

technology is great when it work's;-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club