• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Ford Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi
  • Year: 2005

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Not mine :(.

When in 06 is your car from? Don't think they came in til late 06 or maybe even 07. I'm sure though, from experience of Mondeos, there are plenty of outliers...earlier ones that do have them and later ones that don't!

Xenons are a nice upgrade, got a black set on the cheap cos they needed a tiny bit of rewiring. So have my adaptive projectors in the shed.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 GSM

GSM

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Name: Garrie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 (100PS)
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

When in 06 is your car from? Don't think they came in til late 06 or maybe even 07. I'm sure though, from experience of Mondeos, there are plenty of outliers...earlier ones that do have them and later ones that don't!

Xenons are a nice upgrade, got a black set on the cheap cos they needed a tiny bit of rewiring. So have my adaptive projectors in the shed.

It's a January build, registered February... only just missed the 06 plate, so it's a 55.

Think you're probably right. Would be a nice thing to have though.

#18 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, that sounds about right. They are a nice upgrade indeed mate. Dead easy to do but getting the bits seems to be the hardest part!

#19 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Yeah, that sounds about right. They are a nice upgrade indeed mate. Dead easy to do but getting the bits seems to be the hardest part!

Ive just had a quick look at micro-cat
and the parts required are listed with finis numbers and pricing, so ill list them on here around 8pm for anyone interested.
thats the cowels, lens and bulb holder.
the cowels come already colour coded from ford too, different finis number for each cowel cover in specific colour.

#20 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

That would be handy for those interested. I remember seeing someone selling a full kit on ebay for about £45 but that was with the covers in primer. They said they bought the parts from Ford to do the mod for about £60 if I remember right but no longer needed them. I think parts prices can fluctuate though so will be interesting to see how much they all cost.

#21 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

That would be handy for those interested. I remember seeing someone selling a full kit on ebay for about £45 but that was with the covers in primer. They said they bought the parts from Ford to do the mod for about £60 if I remember right but no longer needed them. I think parts prices can fluctuate though so will be interesting to see how much they all cost.

ok,
the prices i have quoted are from 2011 and may be cheaper now that the mk3 focus has been released.
the wing mirror covers are also available from ford colour coded at £50.79 each

however they can be purchased in primed finish for £18.58 each.

so here is the part numbers detail and pricing from 2011.

Posted Image

LH primed wing mirror cover with space for indicator
Finis:1404898
Price: £22.62

RH primed wing mirror cover with space for indicator
Finis:1404897
Price: £18.58
i know, the RH cover is cheaper than the left one lol, drivers side cover must not be a big seller compared to the passenger side cover lol.

Wing Mirror indicator bulb socket
Finis:1425494
Price: £18.95 each

LH Wing Mirror Indicator lens
Finis:???????
Price: £

RH wing Mirror Indicator lens.
Finis:???????
Price: £

unfortunity i cannot find the part numbers or pricing for the actual indicator lens thenselves.

finally for those who would like to remove the side wing indicator unit after fitting the indicators to the wing mirrors,
their is a chrime focus badge that will fit the space in the side wings and cost £12.27 each Finis 1417274

Posted Image

#22 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

Most helpful as always Lenny.

That's quite the difference between primed and colour coded...a lot more than the cost of a sheet of carbon fibre vinyl anyway! Even in aftermarket copies, the passenger side is a few quid dearer...must be more common for drivers to clip their passenger side mirror rather than the drivers side.

Just on the indicator units, I was under the impression that the socket and lens came as the one part no? Would that explain why you can't find the second part number?

#23 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Most helpful as always Lenny.
Just on the indicator units, I was under the impression that the socket and lens came as the one part no? Would that explain why you can't find the second part number?

thanks mate,
and yes i was initally assuming the same as yourself regarding the socket and lens,
but their is no second finis number listed for the opposite side as i assume their is a different shape to each lens.
im very surprised the part is not listed, and i have searched under the convertable model to ensure the part numbers for the wing mirror covers are correct because the convertable model is only available with the indicators in the wing mirrors.

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,374 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:17 PM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fd6ad9fc

#25 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fd6ad9fc

+1 Stoney,
may be cheaper to buy them for £100 then resale value of the existing pair may be £50 - £60
so the end cost would be cheaper or the same as buying the individual parts from ford.

#26 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Yeah I know what you mean about the different sided part numbers. Strange really. I'll pop one of mine off this evening if I get a chance and try get part numbers for them. Wouldn't be just a case of having a letter (eg A and B) after the part number or anything, or maybe stating when ordering which side? £18.58 is steep enough for just the plug, but isn't really surprising!

There was a guy on another Focus forum selling DIY tinted indicator units for £20 the pair recently. Will try see if they're still available.

Think you'd be doing well to get £50-60 for the originals to be honest, but maybe that's just because a bargain hunter (aka cheapskate!) like myself wouldn't pay that!

#27 gforce

gforce

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Think I'd make an offer on these genuine ones before paying a similar price for the aftermarket ones that Stoney linked to.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3379ddf2c1

As I said before though, the plugs will be different so you'll still have to do a bit of rewiring or else run the feed from the side repeaters, in which case you'd be best sticking with your original units and just swapping over the covers and indicators. Might be worth asking the seller of the aftermarket ones if they're a plug and play upgrade for cars without them installed already, or just as a direct replacement for cars that do already have them.

Keep an eye on this link too for a pair of aftermarket covers. I'm sure the price currently on the listing (£86.99) is just one of those massively inflated ones sellers use when their item runs out of stock in order to avoid the fees involved with ending the item then re-listing. Think they were under £30 the pair really.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f136050c5

#28 James focus

James focus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus mk 1

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:33 AM

Get wind de flectors or a bonnet protect look s33t :-) or even HIDS!

#29 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,374 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

Wouldn't be just a case of having a letter (eg A and B) after the part number or anything, or maybe stating when ordering which side?

You usually find Ford just differentiate the part sides with L or R after the part number.

#30 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,192 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

You usually find Ford just differentiate the part sides with L or R after the part number.

yes or the finis number would be one digit more or one digit less for the opposite side.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users