Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Quality

Dougal

I had my Zetec S in for it's 2 year/25,000 mile service, including the a brake fluid change. A week later, and the oil change/service dashboard light comes on. I would have expected that to be cleared at the service.

I have also noticed that the service book has not been updated to show the brake fluid change, and I notice that a bug on the audio side is still present, which is apparently fixed with the April audio firmware updates. This suggests that the firmware updates were not looked at.

I am used to the shoddy work you normally get with Ford, and used to it, but my question is....are software/firmware updates part of the service schedule?

I had the same when my Focus went in for it's first service - a week or so later the message popped up saying it needed a service. When I took it back in, the guy just shrugged his shoulders and said 'someone must have forgotten to reset it' - you'd have thought it would be part of the job sheet or a checklist or something? The same dealer also 'forgot' to stamp the service book on the Fiesta on it's last service. <_<

My Focus had software updates on it's last service - or so I was told anyway!

In regards to the service light there's a method of pressing pedals whilst turning on ignition that resets it. Either they forgot or they cannot do it until the light is actually on, the same thing happened to me and it takes literally 20secs to do.

Did you report the audio bug to them? As far as I know they won't update any software unless a problem is reported.

Thanks for the replies. I wondered whether it was on the service schedule. I personally would have thought that software upgrades would be, as software is an integral part of the car now.

Not the end of the world.I'll drop it back after my camping holiday, although I've already downloaded the software update onto USB so I'll do that myself.

Cheers peeps.

Just confirmed with a Ford mechanic:

Ok to reset the service /fuel in oil light. Follow this procedure

Press and hold the brake pedal and accelerator pedal down together them turn the ignition on

It takes around 20 seconds for the light to reset

I'll remember this when mine goes in for a service...If I even let Ford touch it again. Last time they serviced my car I ended up having to get rid of it...

Thanks iNath. I might give it a go, but I may just moan at Ford for half a job and try and get a free valet.

I may just moan at Ford for half a job and try and get a free valet.

:o Personally, I wouldn't let my dealer anywhere near my paintwork with their gritty rags!

• 3 weeks later...

Rest the service light myself as suggested by the informative Mr iNath. Thanks :)