Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance Upgrades

Charlie_Davis

Hi All,

Am new to the forum so firstly.... Hello

I have about 500-1000 to spend on performance upgrades for my car, ford focus estate ghia(52) 1.8L TDCi.

I would like to upgrade for better performance but i dont want anything to visually change as far as the exterior goes so not interested in alloys, bumpers or anything like that, i was thinking of fitting an induction kit but i have read that it infact makes pretty much no difference other than making it sound louder! I have been toying with the idea of getting the turbo tuned and the CPU remapped....

What are anyones thoughts on this, and what else could i do to make some noticeable changes?

Cheers

Charlie

i dont have any experience of diesel tuning myself but turbo diesels get the most out of a remap, from what you're saying I reckon this should be your first port of call

Hi charlie. I dont have any experience in re-maping cars. But i no its easier to have tdi's done than petrols. Also u can buy better turbos and intercoolers which will have better performance than the standard ford ones. My dad had his skoda vrs desiel remaped and the turbo tweeked which have him 30 -40 more bhp. He went through a professional desiel tuning company on the internet. Was quite expensive but well worth it. I also remember reading along time ago about like boxes u can add to the engine which improve power but dont quote me on that lol. Hope this helps

If i had the money i would be remaping your car and turbo at a ford desiel tuning company ill have a look around if any of my friends no any good companys hope all that helped charlie

Will

bluefin and custom exhaust with a kn panel filter to start with

Have a look here for the Bluefin system, i have it on my car and it goes like stink.

http://www.superchips.co.uk/

How do.they work stoney. Do u u have a petrol or desiel ford. When i go on that site it has a thing u plug in on your car. For mine anyway says its around 250. For an extra 9 bhp sounds every expensive for littoe result

Will

They are best for Diesel engines.

I used one on my MK2 1.8.

You buy the unit and plug it into the OBD port to store a copy of your engines settings.

You upload a copy of the settings to Superchips and they mail back which you store on the Bluefin and transfer to the car.

You usually get 3 maps which run from a small gain to a maximum remap, you basically choose which one suits you most.

I whacked in the top map and had my car put on a Department Of Transport dyno to check the stats and came out with an average of 148BHP and 315Nm of torque up from 115BHP and 275Nm.

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses, has confirmed ill def be doing the engine remap as a first port of call. Probably getting a new inter cooler, possibly turbo, and some better brakes and discs!

Cheers again

Hi charlie. Glad too help u out and give u some advice. When u have done your moter be good too see a video of your performance etc and how u got on

Will

Would it not be best to do the physical upgrades first? Like your filter, exhaust or turbo? If you get a remap as opposed to a chip, then the remap will take full advantage of your previous upgrades. If you get the remap done on a standard set up, then put a new turbo on for example, you'd have to remap the car again (paying again) to utilise the turbo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club