Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk2 Bixenon Headlamps

ukphillad

Hey all,

Just a quick question to see if anyone is aware of this. Did Ford ever make original Bi-Xenon headlamps for the Focus MK2??

Was looking on the internet to see if i can get any after market ones, but don't seem to be spoiled for choice :unsure:

Reason I am looking for them is that am still having an issue with my xenon conversion kit. Installed it there a while ago until recently more and more drivers started flashing their lights at me when driving past!! Then the Police stopped me and told me that I need to have the projector headlamps installed at least, otherwise the light is dispersed and hence blinds the other drivers!! When I went to the Ford dealership, they said they don't supply any headlamps like that. When asked about the ST ones, they said they are 400 quid a set and will have to play around with them to get them fitted!!!

Any help would be much appreciated guys :)

Proper set of oe silver backed xenon headlamps available from my st3 if your interested.

How's things Foci_st3 :D have you got a picture of them by any chance? Would be really interested but not sure whether you know if it's a simple plug and play job or is there messing around with it involved?? :P probably not too much of an issue but out of curiosity

If they're anything like the mk 2.5 its fairly easy mod to do

Hi mate, I put black ST lights into my Titanium a few months back and they were a straight swap. Think the Titanium though has the same wiring loom as the ST. The headlight plugs are 10-pin, think you're Style spec might just have a 7-pin loom so you'd need to do some sort of re-wiring but I'm not sure exactly what.

Mine are bi-xenon as well by the way. They have a shutter which opens and closes along with full beam and dipped beam respectively. There are little plugs in the lights though that you can disconnect to disable the shutter function.

I had adaptive (cornering) projectors beforehand and thought about putting a HID Kit in them, but didn't really wanna start butchering them so they're sat in the shed. Might need them for MOT anyway as I don't have washers installed. They seem to self level though when I first turn them on and when cornering.

Hi mate, I put black ST lights into my Titanium a few months back and they were a straight swap. Think the Titanium though has the same wiring loom as the ST. The headlight plugs are 10-pin, think you're Style spec might just have a 7-pin loom so you'd need to do some sort of re-wiring but I'm not sure exactly what.

Have you got a pic of your loom connector? I have a Ghia and was wondering if i have the same, is it just a case of if theres 10 wires the xenon headlamps will be plug and play?

Hi guys, just some info on retrofitting the mk2. The headlight bulbs are D2S bulbs so you will need a D2S HID Kit or the OEM ballast and bulbs, not the standard H7 fitting. If the light unit comes with these, it should be plug and play if you have 10 or 7 pins wired up. The 3 extras are for the self leveling. It won't work though if you only have 5 pins wired.

Some cars like mine have all 10 pins but no levelling function as the actuall sensors won't be fitted, but all the wiring is in place

Any questions just ask, I will try to help out :)

Have you got a pic of your loom connector? I have a Ghia and was wondering if i have the same, is it just a case of if theres 10 wires the xenon headlamps will be plug and play?

I don't have a pic to hand mate, but can get one this evening maybe if I get 10mins before dark. As you say though, I think it's just a case of having a fully populated 10pin loom and you're good to go. You already have the adaptive projectors retro-fitted and fully working don't you?

The ones I bought had a HID Kit fitted, but the original bulbs and ballasts were supplied also, so I just put these back in straight away without even testing the HID Kit.

Haz knows what he's talking about re xenons, so it's good of him to offer any advice.

Just to confirm, on ford microcat the bi xenon levelling sensors and the adaptive lighting ones have different part numbers but look identical, so anyone with either of these fitted should be able to plug the other in straight swap. So if you have adaptive and want xenons then it's plug and play and vice versa.

If any of you have the levelling sensors, any chance you could post some pics?? And maybe the wiring too if you can trace it. The sensors are located one on the front wheel well and one on the rear. Thanks on advance.

Some images of where to find them on there

http://www.justanswer.com/uk-ford/6acdn-ford-focus-st-ford-focus-st3-09-plate-the-problem.html

picture of my st3 when it had the silver headlamps, ive currently got the black versions on at the moment.

DSCN1425.jpg

I don't have a pic to hand mate, but can get one this evening maybe if I get 10mins before dark. As you say though, I think it's just a case of having a fully populated 10pin loom and you're good to go. You already have the adaptive projectors retro-fitted and fully working don't you?

The ones I bought had a HID kit fitted, but the original bulbs and ballasts were supplied also, so I just put these back in straight away without even testing the HID kit.

Haz knows what he's talking about re xenons, so it's good of him to offer any advice.

I have the adaptive projectors in but they dont fully work, I have the extra plug on my Headlight loom but when plugged in nothing happens, well not that i noticed when i got someone to turn the steering wheel. not sure how to activate them. I will check the loom connector and see how many wires it has

The adaptive projectors won't turn unless the car is moving ( I think there is a minimum speed )

Do you mean you have them as standard? With all the sensors or have you just plugged them in?? Also do you have the auto levelling headlight switch in the cabin? As they won't work without this either

In the manual it says they should turn when stationery but only towards the left, have not tried with the plug in and going for a drive.

I just plugged them in, what's the auto level switch?

I've got auto lights/wipers

The auto level basically has no manual leveling wheel, I have one on order from eBay so will post some pics when I receive.

I shall look on microcat later for the parts needed as I'm not sure to be honest.

The manual is correct in that the lights should turn even when stationary. The only time they don't is when reverse is selected.

Should be able to get a pic of the headlight plugs this evening, not sure if I'll have time to get the wheels off though Haz to get pics of the sensors, if they're even there. It would seem they are as my lights definitely adjust when turning.

• 2 months later...

I am also having issues with bi-xenon headlight retrofit on my focus mk2 with standart h7 lamp. The problem is that my connector looms has 7 of 10 pins wired up. As I understood from Haz93's thread for his headlights, I only have to connect an additional earth wire on pin 8, but is realy only this to have to do ? Have I understood correct?

We and a friend of mine are trying to find headlight diagrams , but unfortuantely, without any success..Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Tomorrow we are starting the conversion and any diagram will greatly relieve our work... I am open to any other advices and I will try to get a picture material of the process.

I would also liek to know ( if we manage to do it) how is the situation with the auto levelling? My car has manual levelling, but we noticed that bi-xenons that are from ST has auto levelling motor. So, we are going to replace them, but we are not sure whether it will work.

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Auto levellers also rely on a sensor on the rear of the car to get the balance right when weight is added to the back end.

I'm not sure an auto system will work correctly without this sensor.

I can't find any data regarding the plug layout sorry.

Reading up in my Haynes it says that there are two ride height sensors, front right wheel lower control arm and rear one on the left rear lower control arm.

Hey guys, here is the topic how we managed to do it: http://fordclub.bg/forum/focus-cmax/retrofit-na-ksenonovi-farove/

Its in bulgarian, but you can try read it using http://translate.google.com and ask if there's something unclear. I'll be glad to help you.

About the connectors, all you need to do is to make an electrical bridge between pin 8 (the xenon's negative) to the negative of the hallogen bulb. It can be done inside the headlight, but first you need to free the socket from the back of the headlight. The other thing to do is to replace the leveling motors - take the ones from the old hallogen headlight and put them in the xenons.

As I said, ask freely, I'll be glad to help you! Cheers!

can a how to be made for bi-xenon headlight fitting, im tempted to fit some to my mums focus

I keep saying ill do a guide to fitting things but never get round to them but I will if I get some spare time. Also it will differ for mk2 and mk2.5 due to different wiring setups on each individual car and the mk2 headlights have different bulbs and ballast to the mk2.5

If you need any advice there are a few people welcome to help as said above and also myself too

I keep saying ill do a guide to fitting things but never get round to them but I will if I get some spare time. Also it will differ for mk2 and mk2.5 due to different wiring setups on each individual car and the mk2 headlights have different bulbs and ballast to the mk2.5

If you need any advice there are a few people welcome to help as said above and also myself too

Haz

Are you pleased with the retro fit Bi-Xenons? if so any links to what you actually purchased? I worry about OEM products sometimes incase they are all show and no go!

Thankz

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club