Photo

Whats Suposed To Be Behind The Ashtray Flap?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tanda

Tanda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi Everyone, Just bought a 2010 1.6 Focus Zetec, and when I open the ashtray flap, there is nothing in there. There is a small lip accross the front, but no container as such, to put ash, or butts in, and no lighter, has someone taken it out to clean it, and forgot to put it back? Its no big deal, as I don't smoke, but if it is missing, I will chase Ford up to see what they have done with it. Also, this funnel to fill the petrol tank from a can, won't the nozzel from the can go straight in, do I really need to buy this funnel from Ford? Thanks for any replies.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,585 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: 2015 Focus ST3 250BHP
  • Year: 2015
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

I know that the area you are talking about has 4 slots in the tray so i would assume it's designed for something to clip into it.
Anyone with the 2.5 able to elaborate?
The fuel nozzle is definitely required as a normal fuel can nozzle will not open the flap in the fuel filler pipe.
If you try to fill from a can without it you will end up with 5 litres of fuel on your feet.

#3 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Titan X Sport 2.2 175BHP
  • Year: 2008
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

By 4 slots do you mean like this?

Posted Image

#4 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,585 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

That's the ones mate.
Got me wondering if something fits in there now.
Anyone with Microcat able to elaborate?

#5 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

I was thinking the same cause it's anoying having the ugly slots showing the different colour through them. Can only assume it would be some sort of ash tray that fits in, but obviously cause this is from the 2.5 where the power socket is in the centre console, the ash tray wouldn't have a transplant hole for the power socket like yours, cause there would obviously be no power socket to transplant.

Lenny will obviously know though lol.

#6 Mike77

Mike77

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:51 AM

By 4 slots do you mean like this?

Posted Image

Have you cut a hole out of the bottom of yours for access to the power socket ??? As with mine fitted it blocks off my 12v socket.....
PS, you need to get the hairdryer out again, you've got a crease in your carbon wrap lol ;-)

#7 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 18,585 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

That tray is from a 2.5 which has the socket elsewhere so a hole is needed on the MK2 to allow access to the socket unless it's moved.
I fitted the one designed for the MK2 so it had a piece in it to mount the socket further forward, i just had to push the socket out of it's original position and pull the wires forward then reattach in the new forward position.

#8 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,989 posts
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

Have you cut a hole out of the bottom of yours for access to the power socket ??? As with mine fitted it blocks off my 12v socket.....
PS, you need to get the hairdryer out again, you've got a crease in your carbon wrap lol ;-)

Yes mate, personally I didn't want to get the mk2 version of it with the transplant hole cause I wanted to keep the power socket at the back of the storage unit as aposed to right at the front, and I don't smoke so I didnt need the ash tray part of it so all I did is buy the 2.5 version and used a dremel to cut a hole out for the power socket.

This also means I can plug my satnav into the power supply and still be able to close the door while its connected so it looks alot more tidy than having the satnav socket sticking right out the front and not being able to close the door (sorry Clive :P )

And lol yes mate i know, i mentioned in my original thread where my photo is from saying don't mind the pealing carbon wrap and I have already since had the hairdryer back out so it looks fine again now ;)

#9 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,374 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3.5 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Mine has a rubber mat inside which pulls out , i guess as part of the smokers pack there would have to be a removable tray of some sort that clips in there

#10 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: Audi A5 Cabriolet + Mini Cooper
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Yeah mines got a rubber mat in too, just sits in the four holes, similar to the rubber mat in the glove box.
I've cut mine up a bit as I've fitted a four 12v ripspeed socket into this area. And the 4 switches for each socket I have mounted in the armrest compartment

#11 gforce

gforce

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Name: Gary
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST
  • Year: Non

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Maybe the pics in this listing might shed a bit of light for you guys, from a 2007 pre-facelift. Not a bad price either for it complete is it?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4168f26963

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users