2 replies to this topic

#1 Tanda

Tanda

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2010

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi Everyone, Just bought a Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec, 2010, it came with 2 keys, the remote type with the key that flips out, It also has a tag on it with the key number on it. With my old mondeo, I had 2 keys, so bought and programed a spare, in case I lost one. So whats the cheapest way to get a spare key for the Focus, just to get a normal key cut and program it myself like I did with the mondeo? This key number, that would only be for a new key to fit the locks/ignition, it would still need programing wouldn't It? Can someone jog my memory how to program it, ignition on/off 4 times, then 2nd key in, on/off, then new key in, on/off, job done? Thanks for any replies.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Andy H Dibley

Andy H Dibley

Feet Under The Table

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

I made a couple of Jaguar flip keys for my old Mk2 Mondeo and used the on / off technique to program them, even though the key cutter was adamant they wouldn't work.

I believe on the Mk2.5 though you need to access the GEM to be able to program and add new keys. I really want a flip key with mine and am currently pricing up how much it's looking at being to get one added.

#3 dezwez

dezwez

Dezwez

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,381 posts
  • Name: Derek
  • Ford Model: ford focus 1.8 zetec mk 2.5
  • Year: 2008

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

try here
http://www.lifestyle...icle/show/17...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users