Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Glow Plug Light Flashing

piper

Hi can any one please advise me if i'm looking in the right area?

On my way home tonight i noticed that my car appeared to be lacking power and when i looked at the dash board i also noticed my glow plug light flashing.

Pulled over straight away and turned the engine off and on again and the light went out, never appeared again.

Does that indicate possible fuel filter fault

If so is this what i need?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIESEL-FUEL-FILTER-FORD-MONDEO-MK3-2-0-2-2-DI-TDCI-TDDI-/330770664554?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d0377cc6a

i have a 2lt diesel TDCI 2006

It's highly possible the car detected a drop in fuel pressure due to particulates in the fuel line or filter.

The fuel pressure sensors on Fords are apparently very sensitive to fluctuations.

Could be a dodgy EGR valve that On my Mondeo I cleaned out the valve and it cured it

Could be a dodgy EGR valve that On my Mondeo I cleaned out the valve and it cured it

Hi thanks for the reply, do you have the same problem with the glow plug light flashing?

Took the car to be hooked up to a diagnostic machine this mornin,g hoping to pin point the problem but the machine couldn't conect to the onboard computer.

In fact he tried two OBD and both refused to work.

Got it booked in tomorrow with a guy who says uses a ford OBD

• 2 weeks later...

hi fella.

did you get the flashing glowplug light sorted?

I've got a 53' 2.0 tdci 130 and having the same problem. so far I've narrowed it down to faulty glow plug, faulty injection (or injector control module.), fuel filter (or fuel pump) or the egr value...basically it seems it could be pretty much anything!

i have found that i occasionally get the engine light flashing on for a few mins? no loss of power and turbo works? (although the clutch slips at 3500+rpm but pulls away lovely) [will be posting this problem].

cheers.

hi fella.

did you get the flashing glowplug light sorted?

I've got a 53' 2.0 tdci 130 and having the same problem. so far I've narrowed it down to faulty glow plug, faulty injection (or injector control module.), fuel filter (or fuel pump) or the egr value...basically it seems it could be pretty much anything!

i have found that i occasionally get the engine light flashing on for a few mins? no loss of power and turbo works? (although the clutch slips at 3500+rpm but pulls away lovely) [will be posting this problem].

cheers.

Hi, if you change the fuel filter I strongly recomend you prime it with diesel as I flattened my battery twice, trying to start my "self priming" Mondeo.

I eventually primed it using a hyperdeemic nurdle, used for filling printer cartridges with.

My filter was £13.99 from an accessory shop.