Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Car...

gc88

the amount of bed press kwikfit get on loads of forums makes you wonder just how bad they are (not that i'd ever go to them anyway!) glad you got it sorted mate, seems really weird though that just swapping the wheels around seemed to fix it! :wacko:

out of interest, what ford garage did you take it too? (glad to know there are some helpful ford garages out there!)

The last time I took a car to Kwik-Fit they refused to rotate my tyres for me and when I insisted they informed me my lock nuts were the wrong thread even though they were original Ford ones.

They were trying to refuse to fit any wheels back on to my car until I bought replacements from the spares shop across the road. (strange that... Kickbacks?).

A few heated words were passed both directions.

Never been back to them since.

the amount of bed press kwikfit get on loads of forums makes you wonder just how bad they are (not that i'd ever go to them anyway!) glad you got it sorted mate, seems really weird though that just swapping the wheels around seemed to fix it! :wacko:

out of interest, what ford garage did you take it too? (glad to know there are some helpful ford garages out there!)

Skyford in Hemel.

Theyve been helpful before and were helpful this time, despite the phone call to them being rushed (but I think he was booking a car in for a mot at the same time)

They looked atthe car, showed me everything, checked the underneath of the car whilst it was up and really nice all over!

And stoney, I've been put off them for life. Even if no one can price match them...

i found ats euromaster to be pretty good tbh, i ended up insuring my tyres (for like a fiver each) because I seemed to be going through a phase of constantly getting punctures and sure enough I got another one and they replaced the week old tyre no problems. I also popped in once to get the balancing checked and done it free of charge. The guy also spent a good hour and a half fixing my tracking (including having to get an acetylene torch to it) due to the wheels being 12 (!) degrees out. Despite me paying to have it 'sorted' a few weeks previous at a different garage. That was a few years ago mind you and in Reading. Cant speak for all of them.

I find National are cheaper than KF, plus there's a branch 2 streets away from me and they do a good job.

what gets me and i do apologise for going off topic a bit...if kwik fit as so bad (which they are) then how are they still in existance? everyone complains about them but still plenty folk using them?

i have and will never take a car to them! not even my wheel barrow in fact!

what gets me and i do apologise for going off topic a bit...if kwik fit as so bad (which they are) then how are they still in existance? everyone complains about them but still plenty folk using them?

i have and will never take a car to them! not even my wheel barrow in fact!

I think people go there because the think Kwik means they are going to be in/out in minutes , problem is they to kwik and make bad mistakes.

I called them once for some specific tyres , they said they had them in and gave a good price , i turned up and then they said they only had one and quoted the next grade up .

i never even answered i just smirked and left .lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club