Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

My ford dealer has never charged me for putting it on the Diagnostic , they are trying to rip you off. Its Warranty work.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,962 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

true its under warranty still so if diagnostics are required thats on there head just as well pree pointed that out i didnt even think about that one

#18 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

I took my car in last week , due to "my mind" telling me i had a noise coming from the engine bay when touching the accelerator .
I booked it in and waited , 20 minutes later they came and said the noise was standard air intake noise and invited me down to the workshop , where it was connected to the IDS.
They not only fully explained what i was hearing but did a full health check on the car while i was there.
No Charge what so ever , even though i had requested a check.
Furrows Ford in Telford , are great.
On another occasion when i asked them about my ESP switch "not warranty work" they only charged me 30 minutes hook up for IDS.

#19 NorthSussex

NorthSussex

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual
  • Year: 2009

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

Are we being ripped off with the cost of these parts? This ESP pump can't cost £1300 to manufacture and fit! Car manufactures are another group of bloodsuckers to join Bankers and Politicians. :(

#20 gc88

gc88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Name: Gav
  • Ford Model: Zetec S 2.0

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Ford said if they use the machinr and its not warranty issues then ill be charged.

If they dont find anything they will strip the car looking for a fault, if I'm charged or not depends on whats found...

Useful.

Quickfit linked it up to a diagnostic mahibe and no faults stored. They say no sensors or anythibg at the rear to knock off either.

#21 gc88

gc88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Fixed.

Night time x

#22 NorthSussex

NorthSussex

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Name: Stormin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Petrol manual

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Fixed.

Night time x

Gav, don't keep us in suspense, what caused your noise? :wacko:

#23 Pitmonster

Pitmonster

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec (Climate)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

Also, if i take it to Ford to look at under warranty (i had this issue last time) .. They say that i have to pay £xx (75?) to hook it up to the diagnostics machine to get it checked before they can look at it and see what the fault is. Is this right / fair?Surely its not even 3 years old and is broken, they don't expect me to pay them to fix it..

For a car that's under warranty, you should not have to pay a penny - even for the diagnostics.

I they want cash up front, tell them to stick it up their !Removed!. Get the dealer manager, and in a loud voice in the middle of the busy showroom instruct them to call Ford UK immediately, and tell them you're phoning BBC Watchdog and also Which magazine.

I had this with my mum's Panda a few years ago. Dealer wanted money up front to diagnose, I argued in the middle of a busy showroom (lots of looks from potential buyers), they called Fiat HQ who miraculously waived the fee as a 'gesture of good will'

#24 ijustwantafile

ijustwantafile

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Name: mike
  • Ford Model: focus titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Quickfit

Sorry if anyone here works for quickfit but I don't trust these idiots to do work on my car.

My old 52 reg fiesta I took in to get the tracking fixed as I knew it was off from driving straight on a motorway with a steering wheel turned half way.
They said all was fixed went for a drive in it and was still out. went back made them check it again. then said it was all fine.

Took it to a more expensive small business type garage they said the tracking was rusted up and they had to do some stuff to free it so they could adjust it. basically quick fit did nothing to my car and charged me for it.

I'd never go back there again for work on my car! I did although go to a different quick fit as I needed a MOT doing that day and they were cheap and I know the car is fine and they aren't doing any work to it.

As for staying on topic, best to go just to ford straight off if its in warranty it will cost you nothing. Then make sure they mark it down as the day you took it in for this fault and not mark it down as the day you drive off with a fixed car which could be out of warranty and expect to charge you for it.

#25 gc88

gc88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Gav, don't keep us in suspense, what caused your noise? :wacko:

Haha sleep was my priority!
Well I tool it to kwikfit who seemed very helpful. They refused to take the back wheels off and check them as "theres no sensors at the back, nothing could have gone wrong"

After a bit of arguing they used their diagnostics and said no codes wrong. I tool them for a drive and they said it defo doesn't sound right, but wasn't them.

So I took it to ford and met the most helpful man ever. No mention of money or anything. He came out for a 20 minute drive with me and heard the noises.

He said it sounds lime the hydraulic pressurised for the abs pump was pressurising for some reason. He couldn't say why straight away as it was the first time he'd heard it, esp with no esp light flashing.

He couldnt understand how kwikfit said there are no sensors on the back wheel, and showed me them (they aren't exacitly well hidden - ill be goog back to kwikfit to show it to them!)
He hooked it up and checked sensors and stuff I think, then took the ne tyres and put them at the front and old ones one the back (still about 4 mm on the old ones) he couldn't understand why kwikfit let me drive it with new ones on the back.

And doing that alone seems to have fixed it....so quite easy and minor fix. If only I knew...

Oh and I checked the new tyres pressure before I went there, back left was 30, back right was 46. Kiwkfit..

So they'll definately be talked to when I stop the night shifts I'm on (always happens at the worst time)

As for the squeeky belt area, that is only kept covered for 1 year apparently. Thy need the car there for a cold start up so they can hear the noise. If its a belt squeek, I have to pay. If its a pulley I don't have to. (Sods law means its a belt squeek)

Thanks for all your help and tips!

IN MY OPINION the saying "you can't get kwiker than a kwikfit fitter" sounds more True if you subsitute some k and f's for s's...

#26 Steven33

Steven33

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

the amount of bed press kwikfit get on loads of forums makes you wonder just how bad they are (not that i'd ever go to them anyway!) glad you got it sorted mate, seems really weird though that just swapping the wheels around seemed to fix it! :wacko:

out of interest, what ford garage did you take it too? (glad to know there are some helpful ford garages out there!)

#27 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,373 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

The last time I took a car to Kwik-Fit they refused to rotate my tyres for me and when I insisted they informed me my lock nuts were the wrong thread even though they were original Ford ones.
They were trying to refuse to fit any wheels back on to my car until I bought replacements from the spares shop across the road. (strange that... Kickbacks?).
A few heated words were passed both directions.
Never been back to them since.

#28 gc88

gc88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

the amount of bed press kwikfit get on loads of forums makes you wonder just how bad they are (not that i'd ever go to them anyway!) glad you got it sorted mate, seems really weird though that just swapping the wheels around seemed to fix it! :wacko:

out of interest, what ford garage did you take it too? (glad to know there are some helpful ford garages out there!)

Skyford in Hemel.

Theyve been helpful before and were helpful this time, despite the phone call to them being rushed (but I think he was booking a car in for a mot at the same time)

They looked atthe car, showed me everything, checked the underneath of the car whilst it was up and really nice all over!

And stoney, I've been put off them for life. Even if no one can price match them...

#29 Steven33

Steven33

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

i found ats euromaster to be pretty good tbh, i ended up insuring my tyres (for like a fiver each) because I seemed to be going through a phase of constantly getting punctures and sure enough I got another one and they replaced the week old tyre no problems. I also popped in once to get the balancing checked and done it free of charge. The guy also spent a good hour and a half fixing my tracking (including having to get an acetylene torch to it) due to the wheels being 12 (!) degrees out. Despite me paying to have it 'sorted' a few weeks previous at a different garage. That was a few years ago mind you and in Reading. Cant speak for all of them.

#30 Pitmonster

Pitmonster

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: 2006 Mk2 Focus 1.8 TDCi Zetec (Climate)

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I find National are cheaper than KF, plus there's a branch 2 streets away from me and they do a good job.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users