AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

.Ryan

2009 1.6 Petrol Idle Engine Noise...

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

Just a quick one about my 2009 Mk2.5 Focus (1.6 115bhp Petrol).

When stationary and the engine is at idle, the engine seems to make a tappy noise. Sounds like a quiet diesel engine, quite hard to explain.

Sounds quite like my 1.2 litre Fiesta to be honest! Anyone else notice this on a similar engine?

I probably sound mad...

Hello,

Just a quick one about my 2009 Mk2.5 Focus (1.6 115bhp Petrol).

When stationary and the engine is at idle, the engine seems to make a tappy noise. Sounds like a quiet diesel engine, quite hard to explain.

Sounds quite like my 1.2 litre Fiesta to be honest! Anyone else notice this on a similar engine?

I probably sound mad...

hi mate ive got a 2012 fiesta metal 1.6 petrol and this is getting me paranoid , i definately dont thrash my car (i did 800 miles before i even took it past 70) and only use normal bp 95 unleaded. the dealer said its normal. ive noticed all new petrol engines as ive come over from vag car ownership that the newer engines are all tappety

hey ryan sounds like mine think its just how they sound.

Glad it isn't just mine!

Yeah I'm with you guys, its annoying mind.