Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Psi?

salsheikh

Guys, I have a 1.8 TDCI and wanted to know how much boost PSI the car should have as standard, it is currently maxing out at 22psi. I thought the diesels had more oomph?

Guys, I have a 1.8 TDCI and wanted to know how much boost PSI the car should have as standard, it is currently maxing out at 22psi. I thought the diesels had more oomph?

mine is the same as you mate, 22psi peak but normal driving on motorway it fluctuates between 10 - 15psi depending on the road level if its hills etc.

the less boost your running the more fuel efficent your journey is though and it drops from 17psi to 10psi

if you drive at 110kmh instead of 120kmh

cheers for that Lenny. Currently sorting out the pod gauge and its nearly finished but i am struggling with time before Ford Fair to get it all done.

Hope to post some pics soon!

cheers for that Lenny. Currently sorting out the pod gauge and its nearly finished but i am struggling with time before Ford Fair to get it all done.

Hope to post some pics soon!

nice one mate,

look foward to the end results,

and the psi on our diesels seems to be normal because VDO manufacture a gauge that peaks at 15psi

http://www.ebay.ie/i...=item1c23fa0f1d

hard to spot a boost leak in the gauge line though due to the our focus having variable vain turbos the boost fluctuates on the gauge all of the time.

so plenty of teflon tape shoud seal the joints good.

on my way home from work today i was doing 100kmh and the boost was at a constant 7 Psi but would shoot up to 23 when i put my foot down.

i wouldnt get the boost increased as thats when you can get pump issues

I seem to get much lower readings for boost on my scangauge, normal driving say 60mph in 6th gear level ground (not accelerating) its normally less than 1psi

Under acceleration it peaks at about 18/19psi..

Lenny, why you looking at Australian eBay? do you check all the ebays aroud the world for parts?

Lenny, why you looking at Australian Ebay? do you check all the ebays aroud the world for parts?

yes lol

in search of customised parts for the focus and unusual mods,

because some sellers would limit their listings to their own country, but with a little talking, they tend to change their minds and post to me, that is in the event that i find somthing i want,

but i also find some things that can be purchased locally but found at a cheaper price for example countrys where the focus is left hand drive sell the right hand clear fog light unit for around £10 cheaper than it can be bought for in RHD countrys.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club