annabell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Carrie
  • Ford Model: Street KA
  • Year: 2003

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could help me please. My temperate light has started coming on my dash on my street ka. Its not flashing it's a steady red and kicks in about ten mins into the journey

Ive checked the oil and it was a bit low but not majority and topped that up, I've topped my water up and still it's turning on. I'm not too sure whether it's because I top my rad up with water not coolant could this be a reason for it? If so does anyone know if it's quite easy to drain to put coolant in or is it worth a trip to a garage!

Alternatively does anyone know any good garages in the Manchester area who won't be too judgemental of a girl and her ka and charge the earth!

Any help would be much appreciated

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,104 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

How often are you topping it u? Topping it up regularly would indicate you have a leak..

Could also be a faulty thermostat or blocked radiator amongst other more serious things

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,241 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

If you're not maintaining a 50/50 mix of water to coolant then you will have heat problems.
Get a garage to test your mixture with a hydrometer and add coolant to balance it up.
The last thing you want is the engine to overheat and seize up. (big expense for the cost of a bottle of coolant).
You'll probably find most garages will happily check your coolant for very little cost, if not for free.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users