Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitted Recaros Need A Bit Of Help Please

STEADS

Got myself a bargain off eBay nice set of st recaros got them in no probs but the only snag i,ve got now is windows go down on one touch sussed that out but wont come up one touch disconected the battery as was advised to due to airbags the airbag light goes off initialy then comes back on and stays on any ideas anyone

if your on about push the button once then they auto come up our fitted with all 4.....

if your on about push the button once then they auto come up our fitted with all 4.....

not quite sure what you mean its a four door all electric windows i,ve got them all to go down one touch certain they used to come up one touch as well

just had a play around and got them to work one touch both ways so thats sorted just the air bag know anyone or is the main stealer and as for the recaros the most most comfy seat i,ve ever had in a car well impressed .

Did you use your old seatbelt pre-tensioners or ones that came with the new seats? And are the plugs under the seats pushed in tight?

Background

Whenever you disconnect your battery on your Mk3 Mondeo, your one-touch electric windows will need resetting.

Method

To reset the windows, follow these steps:

• Hold down the down switch until the window is fully lowered
  • Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds
  • Hold down the up switch until the window is fully raised
  • Release the switch momentarily, and then press up again for 5 seconds

This window will now be set for one touch and global opening/closing. Repeat this procedure for each individual window, and if fitted, the sunroof...

Here you go.

Try this procedure. Should work to change the settings on your module to allow one touch opening and closing again.

1. Gforce i,ve used one of each used my origional passenger seat one and the drivers seat was on the seat that i fitted so left that are they coded or something so that the ecu recognises a change ?

Not sure if they're coded, but if the seats came from a car that was in a bump then the pre-tensioners may have fired, hence why the error is showing up. My first port of call would be to re-fit your own pre-tensioner on the driver's side too and see if that fixes it.

I put ST seats into my old ZS Mondeo and had the same problem as yourself with the seatbelt warning light. Removed the pre-tensionsers that came with the seats and put my own ones in and it cleared the problem.

Reason I mentioned loose plugs too is that the one under my passenger seat is loose. I have a 3 door and everytime I have to move the passenger seat forward to get into the back the warning light will come on afterwards until I push the plugs and wires back in tight.

Cheers gary will try that later when i get in let you know if it works

Tryed the other tensioner still the same everything seems tight light initialy goes out for a few seconds then comes back might run it to my mates garage see if hes got the reset equipment.

Right. Again, I only have experience of swapping out the Mondeo interior so just clutching at straws a bit now so I'm sorry I can't be of more help...

The other issue on the Mondeo was a seat pressure pad...the pre-facelift Mk3 had a pad on the passenger seat, but this was left off the facelift. So if people were putting the 'wrong' interior in they would have had warning light issues and some got round it by taking the pressure pad out of the old seat, plugging it in and then rolling it up and sticking underneath the base of the seat.

Have you got wiring diagrams for the seats and their plugs by any chance?

I would've thought the pressure switch is only for the seatbelt warning light? It's a fair shout though! If they were fitted to your old seats and these don't have it, try reconnecting them!

Yeah I know what you mean mate. As I said though, just clutching at straws a bit now as I haven't had the Focus seats out (yet...carpet needs a good scrub!). Are there any small difference between pre-face and facelift wiring or do they share the same looms?

Wonder what year the Recaros came from?

Just came across this through a quick Google...

http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10549

Might not be of much help but who knows. This poster had trouble as he was putting in RHD seats into LHD car.

I,ve not got a wiring diagram but did noyice the recaro have 2 extra connections i assume these are for the heater element everything else seems to be in the same position on the connector when i swopped the the seats in my 2.0 L I didnt incur any problems maybe its just the ecu thinks this has been unplugged and its a built in safety feature to make sure every thing is reconected properly if you know what i mean cos one car is a 2005 and the other a 2009 so suppose they could put extra features into the ecu in 4 years . ho and a tip for any one doing a seat swop have some one assist you with the fronts in and out and advisable to pad out the ends of the runners otherwise youll scrape your interior panel trims done it to mine on one side not to bad but i know its there so will be getting replaced .

Not a problem getting pics but for some reason when i,ve tried to upload pictures onto the forum before i have difficulty not realy into pc language url an all that when you try to upload a pic so not been succesful in doin it any pointers lol

Good tip mate on covering the ends, put a very small but deep scratch on my Mondeo rear passenger door when refitting the new seat!

You could be right in that the fault just needs cleared and reset, hopefully a quick cheap fix for you.

Would love a set of Recaros myself, never heard a bad word said about them, but I have a blue interior so if I started to change one thing inside I wouldn't be content til I'd done the whole thing! The grey/blue ones might work, but can never find any on this side of the pond and courier costs are always expensive then on ones through eBay.

As for uploading pics, if you're just using the 'quick reply' box, select 'More Reply Options' at the bottom right corner. Then that'll give you an attachment option, so just click browse, then locate to the file on your computer, just the way you'd do with an e-mail attachment or similar. Attach this when you locate the file, then you can 'Add to Post' as well.

This is the easiest way I find to do it if the files are on your comp, rather than going through photobucket or the likes.

If they're too large I find it simplest to just open them in Paint, shrink them down and re-save, then go through the process above.

great thanks for that will upload some in the morning as i,m off to work shortly if you manage to get yourself a set i gaurentee you wont be dissapointed just makes you want to drive it all the time fit like a glove havnt changed the door cards as these where out of a 2 door mines 4 but the trim is black anyway so looks good .

As you can see gforce they do look good and go with the rest of the trim.

post-29006-0-29222400-1345030276_thumb.j

post-29006-0-11521400-1345030316_thumb.j

Got them off eBay he had them up for 550 buy it now or bid won the bidding at 310 but reserve not met was willing to go 475 so emailed him saying thats about what you would get with the commison taken off and pay pal deduction an he agreed a deal well made up with them usually sell between 750/850 on the bay so got a bargain

Hi,

This is what I plan to do to mine. Did you manage to get 5 door versions or 3 door?

I'm on the lookout for 5 door and I'm waiting for a good condition set to come up (without door cards) at a reasonable price <_<

Will be watching this thread to see how you get on.... btw way - whats the comfort like and are they the same back width as your old seats? I'm a big guy (tall) and fancy a bit more support.

Stu