#1 stillhere

stillhere

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2012

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

I have just taken delivery of my new Fiesta and I am now trying to get some idea of how to use the radio.

I now have a fairly good idea how to use the AM and FM bands but I am completely confused by the complex layout of the stations, i.e DAB1, DAB 2 etc.

Can anyone point me to a useful guide for using this rather complex audio system.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FincHy

FincHy

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Name: Lee
  • Ford Model: Focus MK 2.5 Zetec 1.6 TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

Once on DAB with some random station playing just use left and right to seek a station and when you've found one you want to keep e.g 'Radio 1' hold down one of the number keys e.g '1' and the station will then be stored to that number. hope this helps :)

#3 colin79666

colin79666

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Name: Colin
  • Ford Model: Had a Fiesta Titanium 1.4
  • Year: 2012

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:23 PM

DAB1 and DAB2 basically just let you reuse the numbers do you can store more presets. Personally I only use FM1 or DAB1 and AM. I'm fairly sure if you are on DAB and press left (<) it lists all the stations in a similar way to have you can view tracks on a mp3 player connected via the usb port.

#4 Loz Cheung

Loz Cheung

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Name: Lorenzo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

welcome to the world of DAB! it took me a while to figure out the complexity of the stations too

Simply press the bottom left 'services' button and it will show you what you can choose from :) pressing skip will also go through these stations as you normally would with am/fm.

However, take note that BBC stations seem to be on a seperate group from all the others, so if you dont find them at first - keep searching! it may take a few attempts/change in location. I dont know why!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users