Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Carl.21

Matt Black Wheels

12 posts in this topic

Well, its been awhile since I said something on here so i thought id share my pride and joy after a little bit of light modification. After finally coming to terms that i couldn't afford a new set of wheels i decided to give them a lick of paint. Not wanting to blend into the sea of corsas with their gloss black wheels i went for a matt black finish instead. Over all im pretty impressed with the out come.

Car.jpg

Before the madness

painted_wheels_1.jpg

Prep work

Painted_wheels.jpg

Just painted so they look a bit glossy :|

image.jpg

photo.jpg

painted_wheels_2.jpg

The finished article :)

I really like that! Looks good, the matte really works well

I well I have done mine in gloss black n love them! Now I want to change them to matt! They look mint!!

sorry mate! haha. When i said i was getting them matte black people turned their noses up saying it wouldnt look right, they would just look dirty! Im glad its proving a hit on here :)

Looks good, think you need some tyre shine to contrast ;)

Looks good that pal did you use paint from a spray can or something else ? Wouldnt mind doin mine myself its a lot cheaper lol

Looks good, think you need some tyre shine to contrast ;)

yea that last picture doesnt really do it justice, once we get a few days of summer i'll try and get some better pictures

Looks good that pal did you use paint from a spray can or something else ? Wouldnt mind doin mine myself its a lot cheaper lol

Im lucky enough that my dad has a spray booth at work so we got them done on his dinner break. They were sprayed using a gun but im sure if you used a can it wouldnt be much different. As with anything it'll only be as good as the preparation ;)

Im lucky enough that my dad has a spray booth at work so we got them done on his dinner break. They were sprayed using a gun but im sure if you used a can it wouldnt be much different. As with anything it'll only be as good as the preparation ;)

Thats handy innit lol think al have a go when a get some time off work c wot happens haha :-D

Look very good, like a satin effect to me, not sure which is better, gloss or yours, I like both versions but yours are more unique but maybe not for long!! As you have put a different twist on the black effect I am sure there will be many copies shortly.

Cheers.

Look very good, like a satin effect to me, not sure which is better, gloss or yours, I like both versions but yours are more unique but maybe not for long!! As you have put a different twist on the black effect I am sure there will be many copies shortly.

Cheers.

i dont mind starting a new trend off haha iv got another idea up my sleeve but i'll have to wait and see if its possible first ;) Like i said earlier im just glad people like it