Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You Turn Off Auto Aircon

Andy R

Got a MK7 Fez 1.4 Zetec on Friday. I have noticed that everytime I turn the fan on the Aircon comes on, I turn it off but when I restart the engine it comes on again. Can I stop it turning on?

It only does it when the blower is set to the windscreen (reason being if you have it set to windscreen it assumes this is because you want the screen cleared, and aircon helps with this). As far as I'm aware there's no way of changing this behaviour, but the common workaround is to simply put the blower on one click before the windscreen instead,

Cheers, even tho I've had two fiestas before there is always something new. I find this feture quite funny as if it assumes I want clear the screen it puts the aircon on, but I have heated front screen

It's all part of the quickclear heated screen system. On a cold winter day with ice on the screen and must on the inside, the blower with A/C blows dehumidified air at the screen and the heated screen gets rid of the ice. Meant to take less than a couple of minutes.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the info. This was also starting to annoy the hell out of me too. I prefer the car to react to my actions not to do things automatically.

Thanks for the info. This was also starting to annoy the hell out of me too. I prefer the car to react to my actions not to do things automatically.

fiestahelpfw.png