Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountune For Mk7 Tdci

b1g_dav3

Do you like the sound of the Fiesta TDCi package?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the sound of the Fiesta TDCi package?

• Yes
    • No
    • Would be nice for 2010+...

Well it's here, £375 for a remap, K&N filter and a badge. Results are 100PS and 270nm of Torque. The snag is, it's only for 2008 - 2010 models, so people with anything mid 2010+ have no use of this. Another shame, is it's only 10PS more than standard, whereas Superchips/Diesel boxes offer around the 120PS mark...

Also, £299 for a sporty exhaust, that seems like a decent buy, but not sure on the above.

What are your thoughts guys?

Hi big dav3,

I presume this is for the 1.6 89hp version, if so its not a bad upgrade in performance, the cost does seem ok as well for the whole package, and no doubt any warranty remaining will be in affected.

As you say shame it's not for the newer 95hp version that I have, am reluctant to get it chipped as my additional 3 yrs warranty will be voided.

Let's hope Montune will have the chip for my version soon, suppose they may be testing the waters prior to that.

Cheers.

Does a "sporty exhaust" even work on a diesel? I've always imagined it would make it sound like a tractor, lol.

I guess the combination of a switch to SOHC, DPF and remap to 95PS, must be the reason mid 2010+ can't have the modification.

Whilst we were at Ford Fair on sunday Nathan asked the Mountune guys about the 95BHP upgrade and they said 'we're working on it'

So hopefully won't be long before they release this version

Hi Jmbrown91,that sounds interesting .

Wow, after waiting so long for this to come out I am pretty much underwhelmed :unsure:

Only a 10PS increase over standard when other tuning centres such as RS Tuning show proven gains much higher than this for a comparable price.

There is also no base vehicle warranty cover as it is supplied by Mountune Racing so there is no real advantage over getting it done elsewhere.

Tried to get an online qoute through Greenlight through their link, but it doesn't give me a price <_<

Think I'll give it a miss & try RS Tuning once my warranty runs out in September.

Or I should have just bought the petrol in the first place :rolleyes:

How much difference does the K&N filter make, as you can pick that up yourself for about £35.

I'm pretty underwhelmed as well to be honest. Go RS Tuning and get 115-120bhp

Im going to ask a rather stupid question (so im ready for stupid answers :mellow: ) iv looked on google for this RS tuning place and it leads me to the link below. IV been through all of the options and it only goes up to a mk6 fiesta. so is the box in the link before the correct one for a mk7 tdci? and has anyone got any figures on the gains?

http://www.rstuning.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=131&products_id=226

cheers

Im going to ask a rather stupid question (so im ready for stupid answers :mellow: ) iv looked on google for this RS tuning place and it leads me to the link below. IV been through all of the options and it only goes up to a mk6 fiesta. so is the box in the link before the correct one for a mk7 tdci? and has anyone got any figures on the gains?

http://www.rstuning....products_id=226

cheers

You don't want the box, you need a remap. They do do it but it's not listed on the website.

You don't want the box, you need a remap. They do do it but it's not listed on the website.

well you've just saved me from wasting £250! i knew this forum would pay for its self :D

I had mine simply remapped and gained over 20HP...and 12 LB/fts torque...surely MOUNTUNE can do better than that?!?

I had mine simply remapped and gained over 20HP...and 12 LB/fts torque...surely MOUNTUNE can do better than that?!?

They did for the 08-10 plates depending on how you look at it 10 bhp and 60lb/ft of torque the Torque improvement is very impressive. The 2011 dpf versions should gain about 30bhp and a 60lb/ft of extra torque maybe more with any luck because I really want it but only if it's reasonable gains

Anyone heard anything about Celtic Tuning? Reviews etc?

Apparently they can get +29bhp, +49lbft on the 88bhp model, and +27bhp, +47lbft on the 93bhp model. No idea on pricing but sounds tempting!

RIght iv seriously been looking into get my car remapped now but the same pros and cons keep popping up. Besides the greater torque, bhp ect.. iv seen a few people say that some of the engine components such as the gear box wont be able to handle the increase as there only set to manage what the car currently puts out <_< Has anyone actually had their diesel done and does it cause the car to blow up into a million little bits because its too much :ph34r: (slight exaggeration i know)

Um, pretty sure the box will take it, people saying that are prunes. If the gear box could only just take the power naturally produced then it wouldn't last very long. You can probably double the power before experiencing too many niggles on parts.

Anyone heard anything about Celtic Tuning? Reviews etc?

Apparently they can get +29bhp, +49lbft on the 88bhp model, and +27bhp, +47lbft on the 93bhp model. No idea on pricing but sounds tempting!

I don't know, I really like the sound of it though. What I like more is the 1.6TDI VW engines... +50bhp and +54lbft... Damn.

I don't know, I really like the sound of it though. What I like more is the 1.6TDI VW engines... +50bhp and +54lbft... Damn.

I'm planning on going to them, if they have anywhere up here to get it done that is! Gonna wait til I get my new exhaust fitted though.

+50 & 54 would be nice! Insurance would have a fit :lol:

Just a shame with Mountune really, I mean the torque increase to 270nm is nice, but peak power at only 10PS isn't so great, especially when the mk6 gains like, 25PS.

Think I will go for Celtic Tuning, they can come to my University to do it :P

Um, pretty sure the box will take it, people saying that are prunes. If the gear box could only just take the power naturally produced then it wouldn't last very long. You can probably double the power before experiencing too many niggles on parts.

That sounds good to me :D just the small problem of finding £200 now <_<

That sounds good to me :D just the small problem of finding £200 now <_<

:P, what a remap does is put extra strain on parts, but a good map will never blow your car sky high, and the gearbox can handle a lot more than it's got at factory so it's safe. Time to raid the piggy bank? :P

• 1 year later...

How much difference does the K&N filter make, as you can pick that up yourself for about £35.

Mainly, It makes the induction sound louder, which gives the illusion of more power, on turbo engines, can reduce lag a little before the turbo kicks in, and improve throttle response a little, or make no bifference at all to the power, or very slightly at high rpm, depending on the car/ engine. Typical gains are 0 to 2 Hp (new stock filter vs new K&N - often, a new K&N replaces an old, clogged stock filter, so an improvement due to this is noticed by the owner ) K&N fillters do not filter as well as stock paper filters and allow more dust particles through

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club