Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Titanium, Help!!

gregberry

Long story but I am selling my Zetec s!

I have been offered a Titanium panther black for ridiculously cheap.

So I thought might aswell as its better than having no car.

The downsides:-

-it's automatic 1.4

-Its not a Zetec s

-It's gunna be slow.....well slower than the Zetec S

Basically the point is, I'm used to the Zetec S so what Mods can I make to make me happier about it all.

I am considering:-

-Wheels to black

-Zetec S spoiler

-DMB badges

-Footwell Lighting

What do you think? Do you think that will look any good??

My car for sale if anyones interested...open to offers..

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-fiesta-zetec-s-2011-61-plate-as-new/108343843

The UPsides:-

-it's automatic

I've corrected your typo mate

;)

lol am I really going to enjoy an automatic???

Whats the acceleration like??

I mean I've never driven one so i have no idea whether i will love it or hate it. Is there any main points to why I will like it other than not having to change gear lol.

I know its each to their own, but for me an auto would really take the fun out of driving :(

that's what i thought but..... in 2011fiestas photos he has a semi automatic am i correct so you could technically have a manual???

Yeah, I was just joking - if you've had a zetec S model I'd imagine an automatic won't be for you.

I have one and love it and wont be going back to a manual. This is my first auto so I found a dealer with one to try out before ordering to make sure I'd like it.

I just like not having a clutch and gear stick, so much more relaxing to drive - kinda weird as it makes you a much calmer driver and smoothness becomes your mission - almost chauffeur like.

But yeah, majority of Brits prefer their manuals so I'd seriously advise trying before buying.

If changing gears and having better power at higher speeds is a must then an auto (in the fiestas case) isn't for you dude.

Paul :)

Is yours not a semi automatic though? I saw in your pictures you have a + and - is that what that is? So could you not use it as a manual??

Is yours not a semi automatic though? I saw in your pictures you have a + and - is that what that is? So could you not use it as a manual??

It does look that way in his pics, although you'll want confirmation first. Basically instead of the car deciding when to change gear in "D" mode, as a semi-auto, you "ask" the car to change up or down.

It still won't have the same feeling of a manual gearbox and clutch though, no feedback. As has been said previously, you will really want to try one before you commit to anything.

Yeah as Alex says yes I can change manually if desired but it's still very different to driving a manual car.

The only time I' ever feel the need to slide across to ''manual" is to hold the car in third travelling down hills for engine braking, rather than rolling faster and faster in 4th.

That reminds me our European fiestas still have Fords older 4 speed automatic gerarboxes. America Asia etc get Fords 6 speed dual-clutch automated manual Powershift box which is much better apparently, and gives better CO2 emissions than its manual brother.

Anyway this is what AutoCar had to say about the 4 speed auto fiesta....

"This is the new Ford Fiesta fitted with a Durashift automatic transmission, which exists because the company estimates one in ten small car buyers want a self-shifter. It is exactly the same transmission as fitted in the previous generation Fiesta, and is only available with the new 95bhp 1.4-litre petrol engine.

The Durashift auto uses a hydraulically controlled system of clutches and is managed by its own electronic control system called Transmission Control Module (TCM). Ford says TCM is able to read the amount of pressure being applied to the fly-by-wire throttle and will adjust the gear changes depending on driving style.

That means that during enthusiastic driving the gearbox will change later and faster, while it will switch cogs earlier if only a small amount of throttle is being used. By moving the lever to the right there is also a Tiptronic-style manual selector.

What’s it like?

Considering the car’s futuristic interior the auto’ lever itself looks perhaps a tiny bit dated, or at least a little sober in this environment.

The Fiesta rides well for a small car and is immediately comfortable thanks to a good driving position, so the thought of letting the gearbox do the work automatically is not immediately unappealing.

Unfortunately, after a few miles what should be a relaxing experience becomes the opposite. The four-speed auto changes smoothly but seems far too eager to drop a cog at the faintest whiff of throttle. Sneeze and it will change down two gears.

As the 'box doesn’t have a “sport” setting, and the Fiesta isn’t exactly a fire-cracker (0-60mph in 13.9 seconds), it seems like a sportiness has been engineered in to make the car more lively.

Hold the throttle down without kickdown and intriguingly it will hold the car to, and on, the rev limiter. Often the ‘box will change down into a gear leaving the engine spinning at an noisy 5500rpm. All this seems to be against the nature of having an automatic, and especially against the nature of those in the market for an automatic Fiesta.

Often with autos with manual modes it is best to leave them in “D”, but this is often not the case with the Fiesta. It doesn’t change particularly quickly but on many roads progress will be smoother when you are doing the work yourself.

It will also allow you to wring a bit more enjoyment out of the excellent chassis set-up, which strikes a good balance between lively handling and a pliant ride.

Ford says the new Fiesta’s lighter body, around 40kg less than the car it replaces, means the auto-equipped car still delivers an admirable 43.4mpg and a CO2 rating of 154g/km.

Should I buy one?

If you want a Fiesta and an auto ’box then yes, because this is the only one. However, the car would work better with more power and a less change-happy nature, and perhaps it would be worth considering the seven-speed VW Polo 1.4 as an alternative".

So there you go, personally I would gave it a better rating but I'm no boy racer lol

You MUST MUST MUST test drive it though, (city and highway), you may hate it. You don't wanna be lumbered with a feature you don't like, especially one as big as an automatic transmission.

On a more positive note when my mam dad sister and 1 particular mate try it they all have said they want an automatic now - on the flip side my more petrol-head type friends constantly rip me for my gearbox lol

Paul :) (22 yr old auto driver)

You MUST MUST MUST test drive it though, (city and highway), you may hate it.

Paul, have you actually turned American? :P

gregberry, your car looks an absolute gem and I'm sure you'll have no trouble shifting it, especially with only 3k on it! Almost tempted myself ;)

-Footwell Lighting

it's a Titanium, it will have footwell lighting AND ambient lighting as standard....at least it should :unsure:

Paul, have you actually turned American? :P

Lol i wish

I watch far too many America car reviews on YouTube. I've recently even been calling the boot a 'trunk' accidentally, before correcting myself :-s

Anyone for an FOC trip to the North American international auto show in Detroit Michigan next year? Lol. I'm so going one year :-D

Anyone for an FOC trip to the North American international auto show in Detroit Michigan next year? Lol. I'm so going one year :-D

When you asked on Sunday, we did contemplate it!

Seriously! Lol

Al get there one year

it's a Titanium, it will have footwell lighting AND ambient lighting as standard....at least it should :unsure:

I think it does have footwell lighting but I mean changing the bulb colour possibly blue ... and I wish someone would just come and buy it now to be perfectly honest I have only had one person interested but they just said it was too much money. to be honest I don't think its expensive at all I have seen ones with 5000 mileage going for far more. She's Brand New!!! What do you all think to Black alloys with the old Titanium alloys?? Any good?? It's not really a choice anymore whether I'm getting the Titanium i'm sharing it with my dad as we both rarely drive only to and from the station and for what I will have to pay for it I would be ridiculous not to have it.

I think it does have footwell lighting but I mean changing the bulb colour possibly blue ... and I wish someone would just come and buy it now to be perfectly honest I have only had one person interested but they just said it was too much money. to be honest I don't think its expensive at all I have seen ones with 5000 mileage going for far more. She's Brand New!!! What do you all think to Black Alloys with the old Titanium alloys?? Any good?? It's not really a choice anymore whether I'm getting the Titanium i'm sharing it with my dad as we both rarely drive only to and from the station and for what I will have to pay for it I would be ridiculous not to have it.

If you mean re-painting the alloys to black, It's something I was going to do and I have photoshopped black alloys onto James' car (Titanium with 16") for ref:

jameswithblack.jpg

Got to admit I liked the 1.4 auto coming from the 1.6TDCi, was a nice to drive and had a little zip when needed; had it for a few days when mine was in because I was refusing to pay straight away for buckled alloys so wanted everything checking.

So is it not as slow as I think? I drove a 1.25 zetec before for 9 months and that wasnt so bad so i think this should be ok.....

If you mean re-painting the alloys to black, It's something I was going to do and I have photoshopped black alloys onto James' car (Titanium with 16") for ref:

jameswithblack.jpg

Oh and this looks PROPER!!! I cant wait to get this done!!

Everybody has stole my idea :unsure: Now I know how Nath feels....

Why the change from Manual to Auto. I have the Auto focus Myself. Having never wanting a manual

Everybody has stole my idea :unsure: Now I know how Nath feels....

I'm changing from manual to auto because I'm buying my aunts car off her at the end of her finance for ridiculously cheap and she only drives automatics. :(

Hell_Bunny_sXe take it as a compliment, I thought it would look good and you just proved it :) we'll have matching cars just mine will be an automatic lol Proper!

I'm changing from manual to auto because I'm buying my aunts car off her at the end of her finance for ridiculously cheap and she only drives automatics. :(

Hell_Bunny_sXe take it as a compliment, I thought it would look good and you just proved it :) we'll have matching cars just mine will be an automatic lol Proper!

**WTF WHITE TEXT?????**

So i had a proper look over the new car properly Saturday! I'm looking forward to a change now and just want to get in it so I can start changing it and making it my own.

But..... I still need to sell the Zetec S so if you know anyone that wants to buy one I am open to offers

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ford-fiesta-zetec-s-2011-61-plate-as-new/108343843

Cheers Everyone!!!