Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud Flaps

ijustwantafile

That's only for the front, and won't ship to Ireland I'm afraid. I think I'll just pick up a set in the local dealership. Thanks for your help.

And before anybody fits their new mudflaps on the Mk 2 through to end production in 2010 Mk2.5. Take my advice remove the front wheel arch protectors, and you will see what I mean.........trust me dont just wang em on..................

I thought I had cleaned the inner wing before I fit mine, but you cannot do it properly with the protectors in situ.

Anyway last week whilst fitting an electromagnetic parking aid [ I had kicking about ] behind the front bumper. you have to take the front inner wheel arch protectors off to get at the bolts that secure the bumper to the wings................what a load of wet through mud was caked up there Plus the damp can then seep into the sponge blocking barriers. They are supposed to be in a water proof covering, but one on my 3 year old Mk2.5 was split. Funny thing is I had one on my Mk2 with a tiny split in it as well. ..........they act as reservious that keep the trapped mud yet even in dry weather.

That's only for the front, and won't ship to Ireland I'm afraid. I think I'll just pick up a set in the local dealership. Thanks for your help.

thats a begger, :(

Good job my Granddad and Grandma emigrated from The Irish Republic after the First World War, otherwise I'd be in the same boat. :ph34r:

To be honest I've never felt the need to put mudflaps on the rear wheel arches, as now't gets trapped up there. Nor is any damage done to the paint finish. Besides there is no metal to rust back there, just plastic.

In fact I had it on a garage ramp last week, bit of rust curing of the metal cross member the rear shockers and springs are attached to. And some undersealing where the sills meet the underside of the car. And it was clean as a whistle back there where the rear mudflaps would sit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club