Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.i.p Fiesta

Roxanne8907

Soooo in the early hours in the morning my fiesta caught on fire and is fire damaged and water damaged I'm very gutted :( :( rip fiesta

Sorry to hear that :( Moved to correct forum as this isn't a guide explaining how to set your car on fire ;)

Was it vandalism or...?

Sorry I tried to delete but don't know how to.

Firemen recon it was started from outside but there is no accelerant not to sure if it's vandalism or not at the mo waiting for it to be looked at :(

Thats terrible news , so sorry to hear that

Thank you I'm so gutted ...... Doubt I will be able to replace as I had so many extras and mod cons fitted into it :( glad I got GAP insurance now :)

Yes the GAP will help , but it's still a terrible loss :( like you say all the extras and time you have put into your car and all you have to go through now is a nightmare.

Im just waiting for it to be looked at I'm just not really sure what happens next :(

Jesus. I'm gutted for you.

Certainly makes my car woes seen insignificant now.

Agreed. My condolences :( :unsure:

Is your GAP with Insurance or a third party , you will have to ring them and ask what happens next.

Insurance or GAP will come and collect your car and take for assesment. You will need a Police number i think

I got it when I got the car included in the fianance I've tried ringing my insurance but there closed for the weekend :/

Thank you :)

Ring Your insurance and ask for advice telling them you have GAP

Ok thanks I will do now it's just the waiting game :)

Any police attending would have recorded data under a log number, ring 101 and request the number if you don't already have it.

The insurance company will definitely want it.

Unless you have protected no claims unfortunately you will take a hit and premiums may well rise for you even though you were not at fault.

Don't you just love insurance rules?

Any police attending would have recorded data under a log number, ring 101 and request the number if you don't already have it.

The insurance company will definitely want it.

Unless you have protected no claims unfortunately you will take a hit and premiums may well rise for you even though you were not at fault.

Don't you just love insurance rules?

Yeah got the incident number it's been passed on to a higher power to investigate

And unfortunately I don't protected bonus

How does it work if it comes out it was an electrical fault ?

If its electrical I believe it depends if it can be shown to have been due to manufacturing errors or substandard materials.

Yeah the situation around it is just so strange like it was in the ford garage all day yesterday I picked up at 16.30 and I drove the car at 20.30 till 2130 and 4 1/2 hours later it's gone up in flames just can't get my head round it I live in a small village and the cops had to get a Tom Tom out to find my address as the never been to the village before suppose its one of life's mysteries :( x

And one of my neighbours came in at 1.50 and at 2.04 the firefighters were putting it out random how could something like that happen in 14 mins :-(

Sad news indeed.

I have heard stories of Fiesta's spontaneously combusting from the engine bay area, which is not too encouraging especially for those of us that like to mod our cars and hammers home the importance of notifying your insurance company about every mod fitted.

Although your pride and joy cannot be replaced I hope you get a speedy resolve and are back on the road sooner rather than later.

Yeah the situation around it is just so strange like it was in the ford garage all day yesterday I picked up at 16.30 and I drove the car at 20.30 till 2130 and 4 1/2 hours later it's gone up in flames just can't get my head round it I live in a small village and the cops had to get a Tom Tom out to find my address as the never been to the village before suppose its one of life's mysteries :( x

What did you have done in the garage? If it was electrical or fuel related then I'd be very angry with them indeed.

omg sorry to hear about you car mate if you have any mods on car that insurance dont know about might be worth removing them before they pick it up the only thing i know about gap is that you have to get the ok from them before you can except an offer from your insurance hope it all gets sorted quickly for you

Sad news indeed.

I have heard stories of Fiesta's spontaneously combusting from the engine bay area, which is not too encouraging especially for those of us that like to mod our cars and hammers home the importance of notifying your insurance company about every mod fitted.

Although your pride and joy cannot be replaced I hope you get a speedy resolve and are back on the road sooner rather than later.

I'm very lucky the car had no mods and is standard as I brought it this was on fire from the drivers rear wheel I will post pics ASAP

Thank you I hope it get resolved quickly but I'm defo going to pursue the fact it may be an electrical fault

Thanks x

What did you have done in the garage? If it was electrical or fuel related then I'd be very angry with them indeed.

I took it in because of the squeaking it was making suspected wheel bearing but when I picked it up at 4 they said nothing could be found not faults and off I went :-/ I'm going to pursue the fact it may be an electrical fault because the police have ruled out arson :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club