Do Not Sell My Personal Information

R.i.p Fiesta

Roxanne8907

omg sorry to hear about you car mate if you have any mods on car that insurance dont know about might be worth removing them before they pick it up the only thing i know about gap is that you have to get the ok from them before you can except an offer from your insurance hope it all gets sorted quickly for you

Thank you and I'm lucky I don't have any mods the car is just standard as went I brought it such a waste of a car

Erm- wheel bearings and a fire that started in a wheel arch? Alarm cells are ringing like big Ben to me.

Hot bearings and too much oil or grease equals !Removed! up at Ford to me.

Erm- wheel bearings and a fire that started in a wheel arch? Alarm cells are ringing like big Ben to me.

Hot bearings and too much oil or grease equals !Removed! up at Ford to me.

hmm i dont really know much about cars to that extent but it was the front passenger wheel they were investigating and the fire was on the rear drivers side ill put a pic up now let me know what you think :)

That sure is a strange place for a fire to start , petrol cap is the other side right?

Does it look like it started inside or outside

That sure is a strange place for a fire to start , petrol cap is the other side right?

Does it look like it started inside or outside

petrol cap is on opposite side and from what you can see and the head fireman said it looked like it started from outside and burnt through because if i started inside the parcel shelf would be more burnt and the blankets i had lining the boot would have gone up in smoke rapid

:)

Then it looks like some one deliberately set it alight maybe stuffed some paper there and lit it :(.

I hope it's sorted out for you soon.

The seat of that fire to me appears to be the bottom of the bumper.

What electrics are normally there on a fiesta?

Fog light?

Which side is the exhaust?

The fog light was there and the exhaust is the same Side too but the centre of it looks to me light it was started by the fog light

As the car is still under warranty am I right in thinking that ford should be investigating it for possible electrical faults ? There was b

There was nothing found by the csi or firefighters to prove that someone deliberately did it to my car :)

You can see that the whole fog unit has melted as the wires hanging down.

Must admit I've never heard of a Ford combusting like that.

Really sorry about your car.

If its not arson, first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture is that its centered around the rear fog light.

I'm going to have to pay ford a visit as I'm not prepared to lose my no claims pay excess insurance go up and lose my car for something that may possible be an electrical fault :(

I must admit i would find it hard to believe the Fog light wiring would have caused this , but i guess it could be possible , but i doubt it. First its fused , second you probably were not using the fog light on your last journey.

More probable that some toe rag stuffed some paper up there , or perhaps there were leaves dried leaves around and some one flicked a cigarette in that direction. But perhaps a mystery and you will never know.

The police have confirmed ther being nothin to cause the fire ie a rag or paper I honestly don't know the estate where I live proberly has no more than 100 people living there I no most people but it is like you said a mystery I'm going to ford tomorrow and see what they say I'll post on here let you know what they say :)

Really sorry to see that Roxy, I hope you manage to get it sorted :) I know it's all such a hassle, but if the police have confirmed nothing suspicious happened at least you can be safe in the knowledge that some vandal isn't going round setting light to cars.

Be interesting to see what Ford say...

Really sorry to see that Roxy, I hope you manage to get it sorted :) I know it's all such a hassle, but if the police have confirmed nothing suspicious happened at least you can be safe in the knowledge that some vandal isn't going round setting light to cars.

Be interesting to see what Ford say...

Thank you I hope so too my heart sank when they said you will have to pay excess and say goodbye to your no claims :'-( lol

I've also got ford gold cover additional warranty I hope that helps me too :-/

Hi Roxy, very sorry to read of your loss,have been away all weekend so seeing this first thing this morning is quite a shock.

At least you are ok, cars can be replaced but will be very disapointing for you I am sure.

I hope you get sorted soon.

Only just picked up on this. Sorry to hear about this, Roxy, it's probably the last thing you would expect to happen to a car. It is an odd place for a fire to start too. As Paul said, it is unlikeley to be caused by an electrical fault on the foglight as it is fused but I doubt if it is fused individually so it is still a possiblility. If it was in with Ford the previous day that is most suspicious although from the pics I still can't work out what happened. I wonder if they used some solvent of some sort on all the brakes even though they were working on the nearside front and there was some residue ?

I shall have a good look at my car now in that area for clues !

Hope you get it sorted very soon.

Just maybe if your car is a diesel im guessing its got a dpf fitted. when regening the dpf the exhaust which exits at this corner will be hotter than normal as its trying to burn away the soot deposits. Just a thought.

Just maybe if your car is a diesel im guessing its got a dpf fitted. when regening the dpf the exhaust which exits at this corner will be hotter than normal as its trying to burn away the soot deposits. Just a thought.

DPF were only fitted mid-2010 onwards.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club