Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 tdci 5 door
  • Year: 2010

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

Hi Roxy, very sorry to read of your loss,have been away all weekend so seeing this first thing this morning is quite a shock.
At least you are ok, cars can be replaced but will be very disapointing for you I am sure.
I hope you get sorted soon.

#48 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Only just picked up on this. Sorry to hear about this, Roxy, it's probably the last thing you would expect to happen to a car. It is an odd place for a fire to start too. As Paul said, it is unlikeley to be caused by an electrical fault on the foglight as it is fused but I doubt if it is fused individually so it is still a possiblility. If it was in with Ford the previous day that is most suspicious although from the pics I still can't work out what happened. I wonder if they used some solvent of some sort on all the brakes even though they were working on the nearside front and there was some residue ?
I shall have a good look at my car now in that area for clues !
Hope you get it sorted very soon.

#49 Mordey

Mordey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta zs

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Just maybe if your car is a diesel im guessing its got a dpf fitted. when regening the dpf the exhaust which exits at this corner will be hotter than normal as its trying to burn away the soot deposits. Just a thought.

#50 alexp999

alexp999

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,213 posts
  • Name: Alex
  • Ford Model: Focus 2.0 TDCi 163PS Titanium X
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Just maybe if your car is a diesel im guessing its got a dpf fitted. when regening the dpf the exhaust which exits at this corner will be hotter than normal as its trying to burn away the soot deposits. Just a thought.

DPF were only fitted mid-2010 onwards.

#51 Stewie316

Stewie316

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Name: Kyle
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.4 - Hot Magenta

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Considering i have a similar looking fiesta it had my eyes open. Do your own investigation and have ford look at it because it's too new for it to go up in flames for no reason. While the 1.4 engine's do get hot very quickly it should be able to survive 4 hours of driving. I actually went to feel around the back tyre to see if it was possible water got to the fog light. While i have mud guards it is actually possible but the wire is covered.

#52 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: Roxy
  • Ford Model: ex fiesta titanium individua owner

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Evening all After spending most of the day on the phone and searching the Internet I've found some alarming news

The was on case in south Africa where a 10 plate fez spontaoulsy Caught on fire however I'm unable to find any more information afterwards

15.000 flestas were recalled in USA as they had faulty wiring and some caused fires inthe cars

Ive also had some news from my insurance that they are sending fire investigator to examine my car to try and see if it was an electrical fault
Feels like I'm getting somewhere but I'm not getting too excited tho lol .

#53 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hi Roxy, very sorry to read of your loss,have been away all weekend so seeing this first thing this morning is quite a shock.
At least you are ok, cars can be replaced but will be very disapointing for you I am sure.
I hope you get sorted soon.

Thanks Martin I hope so too :)

#54 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

My car is petrol otherwise that could well have been the problem :)

#55 tunne1rat

tunne1rat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

15.000 flestas were recalled in USA as they had faulty wiring and some caused fires inthe cars

From what I can gather, most of these fires were started in the engine bay somewhere near the battery (possibly ignition coil block).
Yours is still a bit of a mystery though.
Good luck with your claim.

#56 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Digressing, is yours a 1.4 auto like mine Roxy ? It's not relevant just wondered what you thought of the auto box. (I previously had a hot magenta Mk 7 1.6 manual diesel).

#57 AdamFRP

AdamFRP

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: Racing Puma

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

Sureley from looking at that picture your car is repairable??

#58 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Digressing, is yours a 1.4 auto like mine Roxy ? It's not relevant just wondered what you thought of the auto box. (I previously had a hot magenta Mk 7 1.6 manual diesel).

Alan mine is a manual, I've never driven an auto but after reading lots of comments on here about people getting autos and preferring them to manual Im going to try auto this time :)

#59 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:56 AM

Sureley from looking at that picture your car is repairable??

Well that's what I thought but the inside of the car is water damaged from where the fireman flooded it
The boot door it scratched and twisted where they tried to force it open ( they did not suceed tho ) so then they smashed the boot window
They also smashed drivers window
The light casing has melted onto the metal the insulation from inside the wheel arch ( noise reducer or something) has melted on the wheel there is also plastic melted onto tire

That's the additional damage
I will have to wait to see if it is repairable or not

#60 Magenta

Magenta

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Alan mine is a manual, I've never driven an auto but after reading lots of comments on here about people getting autos and preferring them to manual Im going to try auto this time Posted Image

Don't expect neck-breaking acceleration from an auto but it is very smooth and quiet. It is much better than the Vauxhall auto I had awhile ago which was neck-breaking but through being so jerky ! Also it had a lot of hesitation pulling out at at roundabouts. It was most uncomfortable to drive which is why the Fiesta seems so smooth (Vauxhall said there wasn't a fault - it's meant to be like that Sir!). The Ford auto is absolutely great in traffic and multiple roundabout routes and hill starts are a doddle and very relaxing to drive. This is why I changed my hot magenta manual Fiesta for an auto having previously had several autos in succession. You do lose something on the mpg but from what I've read on here I'm not doing too bad at around 38mpg.

Sorry about the wandering off topic.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users