Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: Roxy
  • Ford Model: ex fiesta titanium individua owner
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

If you read my reply correctly i said DS4 in passing, and then referred to my friends DS3 in much more detail as a practical owner and the 6 months nightmare she had trying to sell it, after all the problems.......?
Hers was on PCP and she faced a 7k bill at the end of 3 yrs, or hope things would stabilise in the 3rd and not loose on it much come swap over.
I just don't think your reading things thorough, before jumping on the band wagon, there are many many DS3's for sale, and quite a few DS4's, both my friends who owned Citroen's, don't anymore!

Roxy, i did not mean to invade your thread, sorry, but i get sick of people stick bashing one person who says something with factual practical first hand knowledge of a specific vehicle, if they were just my own thoughts on Citroen i would not have bothered as i have never owned one and am not qualified to.. But We are talking about 2 people who owned Citroen's, one of them a 61 plate DS3 in blue, when i read the thread out she was like, no no no no.. Tell her to run, lol !! But that was her experience i guess, you make your own of it, and i wish you all the best.

Well i thought the best information was from that of an actual owner of ...??!! Yea i used to be in sales too, and your bashing here has put said new ford owner off joining the FOC, I know won’t bother from now on.

No worries at all thanks for sharing your information

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#92 hula89

hula89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: '09 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

If you read my reply correctly i said DS4 in passing, and then referred to my friends DS3 in much more detail as a practical owner and the 6 months nightmare she had trying to sell it, after all the problems.......?
Hers was on PCP and she faced a 7k bill at the end of 3 yrs, or hope things would stabilise in the 3rd and not loose on it much come swap over.
I just don't think your reading things thorough, before jumping on the band wagon, there are many many DS3's for sale, and quite a few DS4's, both my friends who owned Citroen's, don't anymore!

Roxy, i did not mean to invade your thread, sorry, but i get sick of people stick bashing one person who says something with factual practical first hand knowledge of a specific vehicle, if they were just my own thoughts on Citroen i would not have bothered as i have never owned one and am not qualified to.. But We are talking about 2 people who owned Citroen's, one of them a 61 plate DS3 in blue, when i read the thread out she was like, no no no no.. Tell her to run, lol !! But that was her experience i guess, you make your own of it, and i wish you all the best.

Well i thought the best information was from that of an actual owner of ...??!! Yea i used to be in sales too, and your bashing here has put said new ford owner off joining the FOC, I know won’t bother from now on.

I didn't mean to put you off and I wasn't bashing you it just seemed like misinformed information. A ds3 really shouldn't be going from 21k to less than half within a year. A ds3 is actually supposed to hold approximately 40% of its new value as trade in after three years (that's an industry forecast of course they've not quite been out 3 years yet). If your were talking about citroen dealers you'd have a good point apart from real main dealers (like citroen Manchester that's actually owned by peugeot citroen themselves like robins and day) the citroen dealers aren't monitored thoroughly enough. I this weekend went looking at the c3 at a dealership which is a proper citroen garage but not owned by citroen and there were 5 c3s all listed as vtis both on the forecourt and online but a check of the plates and citroen systems found that 4 were actually the 1.4 8v (horrid engine) and the cheapest was actually the only VTi. They were a rubbish drive so I've bought a corsa instead but point still stands.

I really did not intend to put you off I was actually trying to help the DS3 is a good car it's well made, especially for a French car.

In my opinion if she was offered so little after a year then its the dealer not the car. If you don't mind me asking how did she manage to pay 21k for a DS3 to begin with a year ago? The only spec that's that expensive is the prestige and it really doesn't have anything that justifies the price and the racing wasn't available on pcp then.

#93 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hey guys I'm back after a busy year I have a new car it's a ford..... Hahaha nice to see you all again :-)

#94 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

Ps sorry to dig up this topic :-)

#95 Ru4hie

Ru4hie

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Name: daniel
  • Ford Model: Fiesta St2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Welcome back, think you should get your profile pic changed pretty sharpish, that fire damaged rear end is a little upsetting. What ford have you got now? What happened to the DS3?

#96 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

Yeah I'm only on my phone ATM but will get it changed ASAP :-) I didn't get a ds3 in the end I decided against it as I heard so many bad reviews about them... I've now got a ford focus titanium 1.6 after having an Astra for the last year (it was a crappy runaround) so glad to have got rid of it im back from the darkside :-)

#97 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,820 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

Glad you saw sense and came back to the winning team ;).

#98 GraniteGirl

GraniteGirl

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Name: Alison
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.0 Ecoboost
  • Year: 2013

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yeah I'm only on my phone ATM but will get it changed ASAP :-) I didn't get a ds3 in the end I decided against it as I heard so many bad reviews about them... I've now got a ford focus titanium 1.6 after having an Astra for the last year (it was a crappy runaround) so glad to have got rid of it im back from the darkside :-)

I had an Astra for 4 long years and was so glad to get my Fiesta. Do not miss the Astra at all!

#99 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Welcomeback Roxy , great choice of new car BTW :)

#100 Roxanne8907

Roxanne8907

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

good to be back  B)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users