Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Jit

Interior Light Stays On

7 posts in this topic

Can anyone help...my interior light doesn't switch off when the doors are closed and I lock the car, it always stays on unless I turn it off completely do you know what the problem is?

It sounds like one of your door pin switches is faulty

The current Fiesta does not have conventional pin switches. The courtesy lights work from the 'door ajar' switch located inside the door lock so unless your convers display is telling you there is a door open, it is not the door switch.

It could be a faulty light unit or maybe the GEM needs rebooting.

The current Fiesta does not have conventional pin switches. The courtesy lights work from the 'door ajar' switch located inside the door lock so unless your convers display is telling you there is a door open, it is not the door switch.

It could be a faulty light unit or maybe the GEM needs rebooting.

Still a possibility it's a faulty switch inside the lock mechanism

Still a possibility it's a faulty switch inside the lock mechanism

The courtesy lighting is a much more complex affair on modern Fords, and is controlled entirely by the GEM.

If a door switch were faulty, this would cause problems with the central locking too (ie the car would not double lock) and as I have previously mentioned, a door open warning would be displayed.

The switch on the light unit is not too reliable and has caused many problems in the past, although you may find simply disconnecting the battery for a few mins will cure the fault.

The courtesy lighting is a much more complex affair on modern Fords, and is controlled entirely by the GEM.

If a door switch were faulty, this would cause problems with the central locking too (ie the car would not double lock) and as I have previously mentioned, a door open warning would be displayed.

The switch on the light unit is not too reliable and has caused many problems in the past, although you may find simply disconnecting the battery for a few mins will cure the fault.

oops, yeah i never thought of this. im having issues with a vw polo just now where the door is locked shut. from what i have inspected i reckon it could be a dodgy switch..

who on earth comes up with this junk..