Do Not Sell My Personal Information

J1 Induction Void Warranty?

Moses-cuz

Does the j1 induction kit void the cars warranty?

Thanks

In the event you need to make a claim just stick the original one back on before taking it to Ford ;)

Will it not trigger the hex flag Nath

I've heard this hex flag mentioned but never seen it myself.

i was looking at this for my fiesta! but it says not for models after 2010....yet the engine bay looks exactly the same with pipes and electronics... anyone know?

Does this Hex flag even exist? I've heard about it but never seen any evidence of it, yet it's the 1 thing stopping me from remapping -.-

Could just be an urban legend as no one has ever bee a victim of it or seen it

Yeah, everywhere I've rung over maps said they've never heard of it.

what is the hex flag?

That's what I'd like to know lol. Seems to be some urban myth that happens when you alter the parameters set by Ford, flags up this Hex flag that when the diagnostic tool is hooked up, lights up like a Christmas tree.

That's what I'd like to know lol. Seems to be some urban myth that happens when you alter the parameters set by Ford, flags up this Hex flag that when the diagnostic tool is hooked up, lights up like a Christmas tree.

ahh so its only something that comes up with a ford diagnostic computer, i thought it was a dash light lol

ahh so its only something that comes up with a ford diagnostic computer, i thought it was a dash light lol

Even that's unproven that it does actually come up. I've got the equipment - anyone wanna let me look for a hex? :P

Even that's unproven that it does actually come up. I've got the equipment - anyone wanna let me look for a hex? :P

You can use your own car as guinea pig in a few months when mountune release the mk7 tdci upgrade

You can use your own car as guinea pig in a few months when mountune release the mk7 tdci upgrade

Depends what they offer for the 95DPF, if it's only 10bhp like the 90 I'll be better off at RS Tuning Leeds or AMD Essex!

Depends what they offer for the 95DPF, if it's only 10bhp like the 90 I'll be better off at RS Tuning Leeds or AMD Essex!

I know what you mean if it wasnt for the fact the warranty is unaffected I would already be in leeds paying up

What is the difference between a cone filter n an induction kit

I'm unsure about the warranty side of things and the air induction kit.

The HEX flag is likely to be the check sum of the rom file in the ECU.

The data in the ECU will equal a specific sum, when parameters are altered the sum it equals changes from the original ford sum. This can then be safe to assume something has been altered.

This is my understanding of it and I maybe wrong.

Back on topic, I can't see an induction kit voiding the warranty, check with a Ford dealer?

Cone filters are just cone shaped filters to fit on the intake hose.

Induction kits normally are enclosed and have a box or tube which the filter is in. Sometimes also come with a cold air feed. Induction kits have the benefit of reducing the amount of hot air from an engine bay in through the filter.

I Checked my air filter last night n it has had it, was just wondering if it was worth popping a cone on, I am wanting a decent induction kit but cash Is tight, would it be worth popping a cone on instead of just replacing. The panel

I Checked my air filter last night n it has had it, was just wondering if it was worth popping a cone on, I am wanting a decent induction kit but cash Is tight, would it be worth popping a cone on instead of just replacing. The panel

Ive stuck a j1 induction kit on my mk7 petrol zetec s it's well worth the money even just for the sound it produces. And my mpg has improved only slightly though

Well i got the j1 anyways and fitted it 2 days ago. Sounds sweet and seems to give a bit extra accelaration in the higher revs (maybe just a placebo effect mind) but im not sure if acceleration has possibly dropped at the lower rev range. I dont know a bit more driving with it needs to be done. Mpg is still the same around 36.6. Pleased with it. Looks the dogs aswel.

Well have had the k&n panel filter in for a day now and there is no noticeable change in power but the engine sounds so much smoother