Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Pleased With My Focus

btmaldon

I thought for a change I would post up something positive about how my Focus has coped with the holiday traveling I have been doing. Not that this isn't a positive environment, but most posts relate to issues people are experiencing.

I had a 300 mile each way drive to and from Woolacombe 5 up. Me and 4 women including Wife, Daughter, Niece and Daughters friend. As you can imagine, with 4 women the car was absolutley rammed with luggage, plus wet suits and three body boards. I wasnt driving like a granny by any means, and averaged 41 mpg over the whole holiday including running about while we were in North Devon.

Despite only being a 1.6, the little Focus had no trouble coping with the long hills fully laiden and was an absolute joy to drive.

I got back to Essex on Friday and went to a wedding in Wiltshire on Saturday, Came back on Sunday and just drove to Shropshire today. Again, not taking it particularly easy, the little Focus averaged 44 mpg, three up with luggage this time.

Over the last two weeks I would have done around 2000 miles. The car has now done 9500 miles and due to its recent performance I am delighted with it.

The only engine modification I have is a Pipercross Panel Filter which does seem to make a difference.

If Stoney reads this, I love Devon, and will be back.

Great thread! Nothing beats good news!

I took mine on holiday down to South Cornwall, never missed a beat all week. By the way, if you love Devon, try driving in Cornwall, the Atlantic Highway is cool, but you end up driving by the seat of your pants down some of those narrow country roads!

Great news glad to see you took it for a good run and got a good experience.

Shame my very urban motor mpg is so low would love for some nice high values.

My Focus says "Hi" from his holidays too!

Started from home near Warrington, then went through North Wales, South Wales, Bristol and then tomorrow we hit the Isle Of Wight to see family. Reckon we'll do 1000 miles in a week.

So far done around 450, and despite being loaded with camping gear and being driven 'enthustiatically' around the Welsh countryside I'm still doing 52mpg.

I'm so pleased with my Focus too!

Nice to hear a good story,

Just wondered if urs is a 1.6 tdci?.

I'm glad it has coped with your adventures! There's nothing better than exploring the country in a car as good to drive as the Focus :)

Surprising how big the boot of the Focus is! I've had all manner of things in mine from springer spaniels to fence panels and it does the job beautifully.

If Stoney reads this, I love Devon, and will be back.

I read everything. And I'm glad you had a great visit.

The roads can be a bit of a challenge as the motorway stops at Exeter and the A30 and A38 can be a bit twisty but will definitely give a car a good work out.

good news ! I'll be driving from york to st ives on saturday ( after only passing my test 3 weeks ago! ), my focus is a 2.0l 2006 but my wife will be driving her dads 1.6 2011 focus. so with the possitive feed back on mpg and performance i can tel her to put her foot down a little ! Thanks guys !

I've just completed a 2,400 mile trip to northern Spain and back for our hols too and it didn't miss a beat, exceptional refinement made the journey a pleasure ....... albeit tiring!

Nice to hear a good story,

Just wondered if urs is a 1.6 tdci?.

Its a petrol 1.6.

Happy to hear so many good stories. Now to get my rather large collection of flies off the front of it.

Oh goody lol,

Glad you said that, I pick up my 09 reg 1.6 100bhp titanium this friday and will be chuffed if I get good economy like that mate,

mines only done 12k so should be just about run in lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club