Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

What Led Side Lights?

stef123

Hi guys,

i know there are a few folk out there who have changed their sidelights to led...now im not looking to do this on my car but on my bike.

I have been trawling eBay and a few sites selling bike parts but i just cant make my mind up. the eBay ones seem cheap so im worried about quality?

im going to change the headlight bulbs to philips super brilliance or something similar so i dont want mega bright side lights that look daft

just wondering what you guys are using and what you recommend

many thanks

stef

I changed mine a couple of weeks ago and at first, they looked brilliant. A day later, one had gone. They were cheapos off eBay.

The one that had gone would come on when I unlocked the car, come on with sidelights on ignition, and then go out when the engine was started. I left it in for a few days, then replaced both with new ones... same issue. This time though, the driver's side tail light is behaving the same way. I've put standard sidelights back in but they're stil broke. It's booked in to be looked at, the guy at Ford reckons there is a poor earth but I'm sceptical.

Essentially, my advice here is just be careful. I blindly bought cheap ones and am now paying the price! I think you can buy normal sidelight bulbs with a pure white light, that's got to be a better bet ;)

I changed mine a couple of weeks ago and at first, they looked brilliant. A day later, one had gone. They were cheapos off eBay.

The one that had gone would come on when I unlocked the car, come on with sidelights on ignition, and then go out when the engine was started. I left it in for a few days, then replaced both with new ones... same issue. This time though, the driver's side tail light is behaving the same way. I've put standard sidelights back in but they're stil broke. It's booked in to be looked at, the guy at Ford reckons there is a poor earth but I'm sceptical.

Essentially, my advice here is just be careful. I blindly bought cheap ones and am now paying the price! I think you can buy normal sidelight bulbs with a pure white light, that's got to be a better bet ;)

not so good mate :(

yeah i have a new set of the normal sidelights with the blue glass to make the light appear whiter. i like these when i had them on my last car, they also lasted very well too.

I wanted to go down the led route as my indicators, brake and tail light are all led.

cheers for the heads up though mate, exactly why im unsure of cheapo leds.

im on the other side here, i have leds fitted to my side lights, footwells, under wing mirrors rear footwells, boot tail lights etc..... and have bought these from hongkong via eBay, not had 1 single problem with them, worked fine since fitted almost 2 mth ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-T10-168-194-501-W5W-Car-White-High-Power-SMD-10-LED-Wedge-Light-Bulb-Lamp-/170868925937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27c894e5f1