4 replies to this topic

#1 Truly55

Truly55

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Ford Model: Hot Magenta Titanium 1.4 with Tech Pack

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

To be honest I never 'run in' modern motors - I generally just drive them normally from the off. The only things I do 'run in' are the tyre/brake combos and the speakers (yes, seriously). The speakers I start off on lowish volume and gradually build up the sound over the week or so.

Do you 'run in' your cars like your Grandads used to? I do remember years ago people used to put stickers on the boot saying 'Running In - Please Pass' as they were driving at 40mph max for weeks in their Vauxhall Vivas. :rolleyes:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 dannyp

dannyp

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 1.25 16v on a 58 plate
Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

well i didint run mine in and mine seams to be ok iv had mine about 5 month from new was onlt 4 miles on the clock when i got it. its not a new shape like the last of the old shape well chuffed with it. :lol:

#3 Mark M.K

Mark M.K

FOC Supporter

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,467 posts
  • Ford Model: 1.6 Fiesta Titanium
  • Year: 2010

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

For the first 500 miles or so i was semi careful....with the odd "put my foot down" moment (and watch the MPG drop fast :P) as it does say in the hand book to vary driving style, and to change gears offen :D

I was careful on tyres brakes and cluth for the first 100 miles :)

#4 Nipz

Nipz

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec MK7
Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

Well Mark the handbook is never wrong :) i will remember your words of wisdom!

I was wondering about this as well, but as i hadn't been told anything by the deal yet (lol we all know what they are like) didnt think it was needed!

But the breaks would def need a little care for 100 miles or so to get them to bed it (or whatever they call it)

#5 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

To be honest I never 'run in' modern motors - I generally just drive them normally from the off. The only things I do 'run in' are the tyre/brake combos and the speakers (yes, seriously). The speakers I start off on lowish volume and gradually build up the sound over the week or so.

Do you 'run in' your cars like your Grandads used to? I do remember years ago people used to put stickers on the boot saying 'Running In - Please Pass' as they were driving at 40mph max for weeks in their Vauxhall Vivas. :rolleyes:

In the past I have always run my cars in and this one is no exception.

I think it pays to treat them gently for the first 1000 miles to allow everything to bed in etc.

I agree with you in principle though; don't suppose you really need to nowadays.

I have heard that comment before about speakers as apparently it takes a few days for them to reach their ambient working temperature! :rolleyes:

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users