Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple Of Questions..

Paddy H

Somethings that are currently bugging me so id appreciate any help with them please.

Is it possible to have fitted my MTech cosmos bulbs upside down or something? They seem to be aimed at the floor when i drive even though the light up the road somewhat, My old man changed my bulbs for me and now it just seems like they rant a good or something? Is it just me.

How do you remove the steering wheel trim (the middle bit on at the bottom of the wheel) ... I know the left and right clip up and out but I'm struggling getting the bottom one off a I'm scared id break it. Is there an easy way? do i need remove something first?

I want to carbon wrap the centre piece that runs from around the gear stick to the arm rest by the cup holders bit. How do i remove this?

Should i debadge the rear of my car?

Thanks

I thought I had done the same thing when I fitted my bulbs, they seemed to be aimed really low so I thought I must've put the bulbs in upside down. What I had actually done was put the bulb into the connector before then trying to push it into the holder at the back of the reflector. Doing it this way meant the bulb wasnt sitting fully forward. When I removed the bulb, placed it in the holder first so it was seated correctly and THEN pushed the connector on the back the light output was a million times better. Try that first, it should be obvious though when you look at it if the bulb is upside down as there is a little protrusion on the bulb base that fits into a slot on the holder.

Right il go take a look when i fitted my old MTechs they were much better i just assumed somethings big is up. Il check thank you.

Anybody answer my other questions?

Thanks

I snapped one side of my steering wheel lower trim trying to remove it, luckily it still went back in ok. Its a bit of a pig to remove, the way it clips together is best described as 2 cylinders (1 slightly bigger than the other) sliding into each other, then clicking into place by the push clip type things, one either side of one cylinder, clippng into some cutouts on the other...... Hope this helps, as I have no photos to show you...

I want to carbon wrap the centre piece that runs from around the gear stick to the arm rest by the cup holders bit. How do i remove this?

Should i debadge the rear of my car?

Thanks

The centre section is stuck to the main section , so you have to remove the centre console if you want to wrap it , look at my cup holder lights guide if you want to see how its removed , there is not a lot of space around that section to get a tidy looking wrap as you can't wrap underneath due to it being stuck to the centre section. Some on here have managed it though.

Debadging is a personal preference , if you want to see what it would look like take a picture of the rear of your car and photo shop the badges out

Mike thanks, you kinda explained it alot better, still sounds pretty confusing, If i wedged a small screwdriver behind and popped it out each side would that work. Its bugging me.

Pree im a mong asif i didnt think of photoshopping my own car. Dumb. Cheers

As for centre console il go look now thank you, i thought i remembered seeing some sort of guide with it removed. Thanks Paul.

You could try a small screwdriver but with the whole thing going through the centre of the bottom spoke it may be difficult,,, good luck in your quest though,,, I just used my 'He-Man' strength and ripped it right outta there lol. Hence the snapped clip,,,,,, still fits though lol.

You could try a small screwdriver but with the whole thing going through the centre of the bottom spoke it may be difficult,,, good luck in your quest though,,, I just used my 'He-Man' strength and ripped it right outta there lol. Hence the snapped clip,,,,,, still fits though lol.

I wish you did a small clip or had a photo of the clips on the bottom piece. I just honestly don't want break it ha. I will give it a try later. Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club