2 replies to this topic

#1 sporty1

sporty1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion
  • Year: 2005
Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

ok i have a ford fusion city 54 plate, seems to be some confusion i bought it a while ago from the person who bought it brand new i have the original invoice for the sale were they bought it from, it says on it ford fusion city ( no mention of transmission i,eweather it semi auto or manual etc ?
when i bought it of the original owner it said on the log book semi automatic ? i queried this and they said it had always been like that on the log book and never had any transmission changes been made by them even though the car is clearly a manual transmission ?
so i assume that it has been a clerical error
my question is , is there any way of checking through the vin numbers regarding the transmission details

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Dan62

Dan62

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Contributor

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

\

#3 sporty1

sporty1

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion
  • Year: 2005
Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Lookup your vehicle details here; http://www.etis.ford...cleSelection.do

In the transmission line, if it ends with B5/IB5 it was a factory produced manual, for semi auto models it will be IB5-ASM

Hi Thank you so much just done that and it has confirmed on there that it is a 5 speed manual , must of been a clerical error somwere thanks again much appreciated .

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users