Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Narth

Services Out Of Warranty

3 posts in this topic

I'm coming up to my first major service, which thanks to Evans Halshaw, is out of warranty (They seem to have given the car 3 minor services over 2.5 years because it was serviced when i bought it 2nd hand).

As it's out of warranty, is there any reason why you should pay ford money for a major service, or would a normal service center be able to do exactly the same, and still give you a stamp for the logbook?

Technically you never had to have it serviced at Ford - any VAT registered garage that uses Ford parts would have done.

It's up to you when and where you have it serviced - ask friends & relatives for good reviews of places in your area.

I don't think I understand.

Your warranty is 60,000 miles or three years, regardless of the number of services done over that time. You may have come out of the end of a service plan, but your warranty is still in place if you're within 60K/3 years of the car's first registration.