#1 Narth

Narth

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name: Nate
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.4 TDCI Zetec
  • Year: 2009

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

I'm coming up to my first major service, which thanks to Evans Halshaw, is out of warranty (They seem to have given the car 3 minor services over 2.5 years because it was serviced when i bought it 2nd hand).

As it's out of warranty, is there any reason why you should pay ford money for a major service, or would a normal service center be able to do exactly the same, and still give you a stamp for the logbook?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,630 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Technically you never had to have it serviced at Ford - any VAT registered garage that uses Ford parts would have done.
It's up to you when and where you have it serviced - ask friends & relatives for good reviews of places in your area.

#3 DanGull

DanGull

Area Rep: Midlands (Despite owning a Seat)

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,229 posts
  • Ford Model: Formerly a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium 1.6 TiVCT now a Seat Leon FR+ 2.0TDI 170
  • Year: 2014

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

I don't think I understand.

Your warranty is 60,000 miles or three years, regardless of the number of services done over that time. You may have come out of the end of a service plan, but your warranty is still in place if you're within 60K/3 years of the car's first registration.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users