Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Change My Steering Wheel??

Mcmatty1

Howdy.. looking to fit a racing style steering wheel, how do i go about removing the standard one (i.e disconnecting airbag etc) and also what steering wheels will fit? Can i buy a universal one or do they have to be car specific? do i have to buy any other bits e.g fitting kit, bosses etc, id be grateful for any help/advice cheers guys

Personally I would not attempt any modification like this as the driver's airbag is an essential safety feature which should not be disabled or removed. Reactivating the airbag system without the driver's airbag connected would probably illuminate a warning light which could be an MOT failure.

Easy don't removing your airbag is a pain in the backside and will bring on the airbag warning light if it isn't reconnected if your still interested Naths the man to talk to about removing the airbag without breaking it or setting it off

I'd advise you stick with what you've got ;) I'm well practiced at it now but it's not an easy skill to master and you do risk breaking it or causing an accident.

• 3 years later...

Hi guys, while on the topic of airbags, I have a fiesta mk7 and looking for driver(steering n knee), passenger airbags and front seat belts, also a dashboard. Anyone know somewhere I can buy them things from without having to go to the main dealer please? thanks in advance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club