Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unusual Fuse Board On 2006 Focus Ghia

StanH

Information on that board layout seems very sparse but when I have time I will endeavour to suss them out over the next few days.

Not all boards have exactly the same fuse or relay spread but the major ones should be common to all.

there should be a diagram on the back of the foam you remove to get access to the fuse board, my Ghia has it. and i used that because as you said the manual isn't that helpful being basic

If its like my car there is no foam just a flexible plastic mesh on the under side of the board.

Come to think of it MrGrumpy, if you have a diagram, and F39 is the one referred to here, how about a pic please

Strangely, the fuse board is exactly the same as one in a Mazda 3 just the fuse uses are different.

I am still endeavouring to get a definitive list done.

I would love to help but my cars in the Garage having work done :(

should have it back later today or tomorrow so i can get a picture for you then :)

The type with the 2 parallel rows of fuses is the older type. They are all now the type with the 'random' fuse pattern.

I would be very interested in an idiotproof updated chart of fuses and their application, as my handbook refers to the older type of Gem/fusebox, and not the newer type I have now (replaced by me due to water ingress)

I also seem to remember (though I have mislaid it!) that the Haynes manual has the latest type of fuse numbering listed.

I'd like to know if the Gem needs a relay fitted to get folding mirrors.

actually even the manual isnt right it shows a generic fuse box not related to that model thats why theres a foam pad that secures under the glove box with the fuse positions on a sticker relating to that exact fusebox which doesnt match up with my latest manual for the car.

when i get a minute ill take and upload a pic of the sticker showing what each fuse is for

That will help greatly, the handbooks and Haynes are both showing the different fuse box.

Annoying when trying to locate a certain fuse.

Searching the web for information was pretty futile.

Got my car back from the garage today, so I'll get a couple of pics of the layout on the back of the foam piece

Quick reference pictures from the online handbook for The MK2

FocusMK2CabinFuseboardDiagram.jpg

FocusMK2CabinFuses.jpg

FocusMK2CabinFuses2.jpg

Maybe i should put in for my Detectives course.:P

I was determined to find the data, i don't like to be beaten.

• Like 1

mazda is the same as the ford chassis and is or was part owned by ford hence why some ford engines are yamaha mazda based

Quick reference pictures from the online handbook for The MK2

FocusMK2CabinFuseboardDiagram.jpg

FocusMK2CabinFuses.jpg

FocusMK2CabinFuses2.jpg

Maybe i should put in for my Detectives course. :P

I was determined to find the data, i don't like to be beaten.

Well done sherlock

It helps me too so it was definitely worth the hunt.

I think i'll put the data up as a PDF on a permanent link.

Could you also post a link to the on-line handbook for the Mk2 please - the link I have is for the wrong version

Stan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club