Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7 1.6 Tdci Weeping Noise

sambooka

I might have asked this a long time ago but hey ho. When I first got my car it would only make the weeping noise when you turn the engine of after a long journey. Well in a lazy moment yesterday I drive the 500yds to the shop and it did the same weeping noise that was the first time the car had moved all day. So my question is what the heck is the weeping noise and is it bad that it now does it after a short journey

It could be the ari-con senser that is behind the trim panel to the left of your left knee (you will see a small grate/air panel)

I had this problem with mine it whined like a !Removed! and drove me completely batty till I found this forum guide

You don't even have the have the engine running I think, sometimes I'm sure I've done it just on ignition.

Completely normal from what I've read, but yet no explanation of what it is...

You don't even have the have the engine running I think, sometimes I'm sure I've done it just on ignition.

Completely normal from what I've read, but yet no explanation of what it is...

Always does it when the engine has been running and I turn it off just after a long journey normally

It could be the ari-con senser that is behind the trim panel to the left of your left knee (you will see a small grate/air panel)

I had this problem with mine it whined like a !Removed! and drove me completely batty till I found this forum guide

It's a loud weeping noise and it's definitely coming from outside the cabin

I get a cuckoo noise when I turn mine off, always though it normal.

I get a cuckoo noise when I turn mine off, always though it normal.

Yeh I get the same noise I just want to know what it is

Is it particularly loud noise? I've noticed modern engines do make funny noises after they are turned off, mine and my dad's diesels included.

I always assumed its just the engine "sorting itself out" as it where. Did a quick google and apparently the common source of the noise is an EGR valve going through a cleaning cycle.

If its noticeably loud or you are worried about it, its always worth getting it checked though.

Is it particularly loud noise? I've noticed modern engines do make funny noises after they are turned off, mine and my dad's diesels included.

I always assumed its just the engine "sorting itself out" as it where. Did a quick google and apparently the common source of the noise is an EGR valve going through a cleaning cycle.

If its noticeably loud or you are worried about it, its always worth getting it checked though.

Not really worried about it as its always done it just after a long journey not like it is now after a short journey

Is it like this? (Around 0:49 as the engine goes off)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHj1_ICxfg

If so, I've always known mine to do that sort of thing, even after short journeys.

No it more like a da do da do da do da da da do sort of noise next time I go for a drive I will video it but it sound like the da dos above

Mine does something similar,sounds like it is in the cabin. I have always assumed it is the vent flaps motoring back to a default position and don't worry about it.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I drive a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI from 2012 and have exactly the same issue - shutting down the engine after a longer drive causes something to make this funny noise. It sounds like a valve opening and closing 4 or 5 times and it comes from under the bonnet, driver's side. After each open/close, it makes a quiet electronic beep. Any idea what it could be? I am suspecting the EGR valve. It certainly does not sound 'normal' to me as it is a pretty noticeable weeping sound. No errors whatsoever registered on the ECU. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hey

My 2012 1.6 tdci econetic does this also. Every time the ignition is shut off. The engine doesnt have to be running for it to make the hooting sort of noise. I had it in for a check up and asked about it. Its something to do with a self cleaning egr valve. The noise comes from the back of the engine bay in mine. Not sure if its the same noise your all jearing but sounds like it. Hope this helps. Was drivin me nuts

on my 1.6tdci every time the engine was turned off there was a kind of quiet squeal/squeak from under the bonnet for maybe 30 seconds. It came from around the battery area. There is a big electronic box thing around there. Did it for the whole 9 years I owned the car

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello, I have just bought a 1.6 TDCI for my first car.  Every time I switch mine off it’s making that cuckoo noise and was wondering if anyone knows what it could be?? Thank you in advance 😀

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club