Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Buggered, Recommended Replacement?

PeanuckleJive

After 105,000 miles it finally happened, the pipe into the backbox corroded and now it's rattling about!

Just going to buy the full rear portion I reckon, rather than bugger about with cutting and clamping.

Anybody got any recommendations for a replacement? I understand that for the most part an exhaust is an exhaust but if any stand out over the rest let me know.

A quick google says I can get one new off eBay for about 40/50 quid. How much am I looking at for genuine parts?

the genuine system is about 2 or 300 quid IIRC. I have got a new 2.2 tdci st exhaust in the shed i am keeping for when mine snaps again at the back box! first time it happened it was covered under warranty so i ended up with the revised genuine exhaust (tail pipe is awful) but i found an original exhaust in good nick on eBay.

A timax (klarius as they are now known) or bosal system will be fine. is yours just a straight pipe from the flexi to the back box?

Beware of the cheap exhausts which are probably unbranded or makes like euroflow etc.

the genuine system is about 2 or 300 quid IIRC. I have got a new 2.2 tdci st exhaust in the shed i am keeping for when mine snaps again at the back box! first time it happened it was covered under warranty so i ended up with the revised genuine exhaust (tail pipe is awful) but i found an original exhaust in good nick on ebay.

A timax (klarius as they are now known) or bosal system will be fine. is yours just a straight pipe from the flexi to the back box?

Beware of the cheap exhausts which are probably unbranded or makes like euroflow etc.

Spotted a klarius on eBay but wasn't sure if they were good, bit reassured now somebody has actually mentioned them!

Aye it's one solid bit from the flexi back. Well, it was til it snapped!

I'd like the ST exhaust, if only I had the bumper for it!