Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problems

Valiceemo

Came out to car yesterday and the central locking on my 1999 Focus Ghia had stopped working.

Nothing from the fob and can only unlock drivers door with key.

I've had a look at the module in drivers footwell and all plugs are firmly in place and contacts don't look corroded at all.

Any ideas as its driving me bonkers having to unlock all doors individually from Inside!

Try replacing the fob battery (cr2032) and try again, you may have to reprogramme the key to the CL module, instructions are also usually in the owners manual.

Insert the ignition key and turn from position II (Ignition) to position 0 (All off) and back four times within three seconds.

Remove the ignition key. The locking control system is now in "learn mode" for the next 20 seconds and the red warning system LED (By the clock) stays on continuously to indicate this.

During the 20 seconds press one of the transmitter buttons. The remotes signal and code number is learned by the locking module and is indicated by flashing the warning system LED.

Wait until learn mode times out (20 seconds) or switch the ignition back to ON.

Also look into this-

Central Locking Test Function:

1. Open any door, keys out of ignition

2. Press the switch in the door frame part of the lock (the one that controls the interior light etc.) 6 times within 4 seconds THIS IS THE SMALL BLACK BOX NEXT TO THE METAL BAR ON THE CAR FRAME WHICH THE DOOR LATCH ATTACHS TO WHEN THE DOOR IS SHUT

The result is a car that (until left alone for a minute) will flash both indicator lights each time any door or the boot is opened and it should also flash if you press any key on the remote.

If this doesnt happen with all doors, it could be a faulty switch or loom.

If it doesnt happen with the remote, it could be a faulty remote.

This function also reboots the central locking module, so it could cure the problem too.

Tried a new battery and I don't even get the beeps when turning ignition on and off.

Also tried the test function and nothing happened at all?

Another question.

If I buy a new module will that work with my existing key and fob?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club