2 replies to this topic

#1 mrphil

mrphil

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

hi all,

im going to be on the market in a few weeks for a c-max, would like to stay away from the diesels, having a mondeo tdci when something goes wrong its normally expensive, so im looking at the 1.6 or 1.8, im hearing all horror storys with both with bad fuel consumption.

some car review place recommends the 1.8 if any petrol, but hearing bad things as with the 1.6,

im currently driving a 2008 1.6 zetec focus and its brilliant, i dont go off the trip meter instant mpg as it goes biskerk, i just go off how many miles left in the tank which is great for me,

im deffo after the zetec model, as i love the seats and trim!
basically any information on either will be great, i drive like a nutter and do alot of short and long and around town, but i can also drive like a saint if need be, will also be looking at taking whichever to france to disney land so after something comfatable and cruisy.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 oilburner79

oilburner79

Feet Under The Table

• Members via Twitter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Name: darren
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec Collection
  • Year: 2000

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'd go for the 1.8 as the weight of the C-Max is a bit too much for the 1.6

#3 mrphil

mrphil

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

many thanks, according to some car review it says to watch for a misfire which is common on the 1.8s, when does this normally kick in, hot or cold?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users