Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unknown Switch - Ford Focus Mk2.5

dneyed13

Hi all,

Whilst looking for a suitable spot for my new AUX socket for my 6000CD, I noticed that behind the blank plate to the left of the heated front screen switch, is an unconnected switch. Does anybody know what this switch does?

Passenger Airbag de-activation warning switch.

Nitemare, thanks for the reply. Any idea why its not connected and blanked off?

I would have thought that passenger airbag de-activation switch would have been standard.

This is hidden away, looking like it should be an optional extra!

This could be there for the Heated Front Seats which I have on the Titanium spec....the airbag de-activation is by the passenger door hinges :)

The switch mounts into the blanking plate to the left of the aux mounting point in the glove box, that's why the cable is there.

The cable to the back of the switch panel is for fitting the airbag deactivation warning light.

Thanks all for the replies. Just had a look at the car, and the deactivation switch I thought was by the passenger door has been stolen and replaced by a airbag sticker! I could have sworn it was there before! That explains the switch. Thanks guys

hasnt been stolen mate just didnt come with it you can buy the switch for around £100

yeah forgot to say that lol had a look at getting it done thought the switch would be far cheaper than it is

The last one I say on eBay for a fiesta was for the switch and light and that was £95.

Thanks all for the replies. Just had a look at the car, and the deactivation switch I thought was by the passenger door has been stolen and replaced by a airbag sticker! I could have sworn it was there before! That explains the switch. Thanks guys

Cheers for the response. I think I will make do with my 'sticker' for now. Although I can activate the switch with ELMConfig through my OBD and sort myself out a cheaper switch, I dont think its worth the hassle as I cant see why I need to switch the Airbag off (kids grown up)