Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is This Legal - Third Brake Light Sticker

iNath

From the quick googling I did, it seems the high level light is not exactly a legal requirement.

It can fail an MOT only in the sense that all lamp holders must have working bulbs, as long as the main lights in the rear clusters are not obscured, I can't see there being a problem with this.

Haven't we got a policeman on here, who might be able to chip in?

Not sure if it's illegal, but just fitted one to my Fiesta..... looks great.

As touched on by Alex as long as you can see the light behind the stickers (assume their transparent and use the light when you brake to turn red i.e show colour) then you should be fine. It's if the sticker blocks the "light" it would be a problem.

Not a legal requirement?? New one to me. I can see the police pulling people over if they see a brake light not working

As touched on by Alex as long as you can see the light behind the stickers (assume their transparent and use the light when you brake to turn red i.e show colour) then you should be fine. It's if the sticker blocks the "light" it would be a problem.

Not a legal requirement?? New one to me. I can see the police pulling people over if they see a brake light not working

I think he meant the "third" brake light not being a legal requirement ....maybe?

Haven't we got a policeman on here, who might be able to chip in?

Indeed.

It's legal as long as the brake light is adequately visible and not excessively obscured.

Factory fitted brake lights must be present and in a functional condition.

• Like 1

Sorry Nath, I'm going to be contraversial here... I think it looks a bit tacky :unsure:

Legal or not I don't think its wise to cover lights with anything.

• Like 3

Seen them on a Smart car, was damn annoying to be behind to be honest, and looked really tacky >_>

Sorry Nath, I'm going to be contraversial here... I think it looks a bit tacky :unsure:

I've only saw one of these in person and it looked good in my opinion but sadly it was on a 106 quicksilver. I was behind it, it started braking and the quicksilver logo was on the left and it said quicksilver after that. I can't imagine many others to look that great. I'm not a big fan of the current fiesta typeface myself though....

Indeed. Having this fitted shouldn't be legal...

I like this I actually think it looks really good! I was wondering the same thing as i am really unsure :/

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Had one on me mark1 and it never failed. Just put one on me mk2. Looks decent tbf 

• Like 1

the original post was 7 years ago, I can't view the eBay item so can't tell what it is

• Like 1

the original post was 7 years ago, I can't view the ebay item so can't tell what it is
Aye, one of the best old post revival periods this year [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk