aland

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Mondeo 2l Zetec
  • Year: 2000

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have an X reg Mondeo (Mk 2) and have discovered water under the carpet in passenger footwell. I have checked and sealed the pollen filter housing so its not coming from there. I am suspecting that the (2 plastic and 1 rubber) grommets in floor pan are the culprits.Perhaps they have aged and contracted letting water past the seal. I just can't think where else the water is coming from.Its definitely coming from underneath car and not from the top down as I have rubber mats.I am going to dry it all out (the insulating felt is sodden and stinks like hell, which is why i looked under carpet in first place!) and smear loads of silicone sealant over it. The air con has been switched off and can eleminate any blockage in drain hole. So I don't think its that. There is a lot of water so I don;t think its the air con. Has anybody else had problems with these stupid grommets ?.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 PeanuckleJive

PeanuckleJive

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Estate 2.0 TDCi Zetec
Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:14 PM

Have a look at the drain holes in the underside of the door, I had this problem with my 04 Fiesta during a particularly rainy patch, if the drain holes are blocked the water will find a new way out, between the door and the door card.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water, ingress, footwell, grommet, passenger footwell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users