Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Name: Andy
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Hi there,

I'm after a centre console armrest for my 2008 Focus Style. The car came without one which I guess is standard spec.

I have found one on eBay, however, the colour of the plastic looks different to mine. Link

Mine is more like this colour: Posted Image

Any idea where I could get one despite eBay. I tried a few local scrappies, but all they had in where LX's and Style's!

Was there two colours on the interior? I believe there are also newer type centre consoles in the Zetec 2.5, but that has the 12v cigarette terminal in the console itself, is that easy to re-route?

Thanks,

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gumpy321

gumpy321

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

I managed to get hold of one today from a scrapyard in Swinton called Salvage King. £60 inc VAT. These gor for £90+ on eBay.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

What do you guys think? I missed an armrest! I also fitted the Sony DAB radio last week as well.

#3 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,940 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

I like.
I'm planning to attempt fitting a facelift console in my MK2 and have started getting parts together to do so.
I have tte console top civer on the way and just need the spare 12v socket (on the way) and main console part now.
Part of this process is a 12v socket doubler so as to keep my original cubbyhole socket and fit another one in the rear storage area or where some facelift consoles have a keyless start button.
I bought this to allow an extension socket to be run off from the original unit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=221118655802

#4 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

i see what you mean about the colour difference. i want one too but am not paying £60 for one. how easy/difficult was it to fit?

#5 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

£60 youre having a laugh theres one on ebay right now at £73.00 plus £12.00 delivery thats 85 quid and there still bidding on it

#6 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,665 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image

What do you guys think? I missed an armrest!

Looks much better with an armrest, the centre console looks complete now. Nice job.

Paul :)

#7 gumpy321

gumpy321

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

£60 youre having a laugh theres one on ebay right now at £73.00 plus £12.00 delivery thats 85 quid and there still bidding on it

I know. They guy in Swinton was sound. This is why I did my searching around after seeing that one on eBay, Bargain I think. And after market armrests that you screw in are £60 upwards.

#8 gumpy321

gumpy321

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

i see what you mean about the colour difference. i want one too but am not paying £60 for one. how easy/difficult was it to fit?

4 socket screws. Two under the gear stick/gator. Two in the back under the panel. Hardest part was actually getting the thing out because the handbrake was in the way. I had to unscrew the handbrake adjuster and pull it up to get it off. 30 min job.

#9 dondryder

dondryder

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hi there,

I'm after a centre console armrest for my 2008 Focus Style. The car came without one which I guess is standard spec.

I have found one on eBay, however, the colour of the plastic looks different to mine. Link

Mine is more like this colour: 06072007288.jpg

Any idea where I could get one despite eBay. I tried a few local scrappies, but all they had in where LX's and Style's!

Was there two colours on the interior? I believe there are also newer type centre consoles in the Zetec 2.5, but that has the 12v cigarette terminal in the console itself, is that easy to re-route?

Thanks,

Hi, nice work, I did the refurb too! However my armrest covering is a bit dirty, cigarette marks etc, and I can't seem to remove the top armrest covering to clean it or replace, there are no screws visible... have you any ideas how to take it off?

#10 dondryder

dondryder

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Here's a pic to help! There are 4 tabs on each side that have unclipped but the rest of top plastic cover wont budge!

Any ideas how to get it off? The armrest came from a 2007 ford focus cc.

I'm also looking for the plastic (garage door) panel for rear of armrest if anybody can help? ^_^

20130306 130828

#11 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,472 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:57 AM

When I had my 09 plate Style I fitted a cenre console from a Titanium. Was a right pain in the end as the Handbrake surround, gear surround and the panels that go on the front and under the dash were all completely different shapes. Fortunately they weren't too expensive from Fords and I got the main part cheap from eBay.

#12 dondryder

dondryder

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Does anyone have ideas on how to get this armrest cover off?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users